Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i have had my x58 mobo for a week now, and have gotten fed up with random lockups.

I have reinstalled W7 x64 3 times, and vista 64 2 times on 3 different drives, changing ram timings and voltages, and doing everything the EVGA rep told me to do. Updated BIOS etc. Im using a kit of ddr3 Gskill 1333 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231223, correct timings and everything. Ran memtest 3.4 on a friends x58 (its a MSI) and running 3.5 as we speak, no errors so far. Im starting to think its a motherboard problem, but could it possible be the CPU? I need to know soon becasue my newegg 30 days is coming up soon.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Updated BIOS etc"

I spent 2 hours on the phone with their tech support lol. its the lates bios under their support section.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
You too, huh? It isn't the OS. This board is not stable at stock for me, using Linux! So I RMA'd it and got a P6T6 WS Revolution. EVGA still has the board and I have no idea what they are up to.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you had the same type of errors? I dont want to go buy another board, allready been through a dead BloodRage, and a gigabyte board.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by borito4
View Post

So you had the same type of errors? I dont want to go buy another board, allready been through a dead BloodRage, and a gigabyte board.

Exactly the same. And I'm quite sure that EVGA knows all about the problem, since (I finally got around to checking RMA status online) they shipped the replacement board the day after they got the board I sent in, even though it can take 1-3 days to reproduce the problem! The replacement arrives tomorrow; then I'm getting rid of it.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
I haven't had any issues whatsoever with my evga x58 at all. Other than the drivers, did you try running with only 1 stick of ram to boot the system at the first of the build? Have you cleared the cmos? Did it ever run stable at stock, or did you shift/edit voltages and clock speeds before getting the system fully running?

I know, more questions than answers so far.. I blame it on the sleeping pill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts