Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...as many of you know, my brother's chipset fan went out a couple days ago...and as of that time...his mobo temps jumped all the way to 48C.....I had assumed this was the problem, since the load temps were @ 38C when the fan was working.....

Now...the temp is @ 44C with a passive on Load, and it still is rebooting....

I even set everything to dfaults and it still reboots. The odd thing is, it never reboots while the proc is under load. Anyone have any ideas....

His setup is nearly identical to mine except no WC and he only has one psu....

EDIT: THe reboots aren;t exactly random....they actually occur roughly 150 seconds after startup.....i'm thinking it's the chipset temp though...ijust need more input....he doesn;t want to go buy a 30 dollar heatsink for his chipset and it not help a thing...

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Quite often with an instable system there is corresponding corruption in data files. Your system might now be stable however it could well have created corruption during the instable time. Put a fan on the chipset and see if the reboots continue. If they do then I would perform either a repair of Windows XP or a completely new install.

R

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe...the heat is the problem. I just turned it on and let it run for about 2 hours and nothing happened.....

It's the long term that does it...i gotta get somehting active to put in that thing....maybe the blue ice 2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts