Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else seen this?

I had XP installed, no random restarts.

Now with Win 7 Ultimate installed, I get random shutdowns, as in its almost like someone held down the power button and killed the system, and it reboots. There are no errors in system/application logs other then "unexpected shutdown".

My friend suggested my power button on my case might be faulty and to disconnect it and boot using the buttons onboard the motherboard instead.

I'm really at a loss, my PSU is a Cooler Master Real Power Pro 650w, and supplies plenty of watts for what I'm running unless its dying, how is the quality on these? It's less then 6 months old..

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Not all Components / Hardware are set up for Windows 7...

You will understand this, when you go to download the drivers for Windows 7 for your motherboard, because there won't be anything to download, and while the company may tell the person seeking support up front that this motherboard doesn't support windows 7, more often than not, you will not see anything other than a set of drivers to download.

If you don't have a disc which allows you to install drivers for windows 7 / vista / or xp for that matter, then you cannot run the OS you are missing drivers for!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by _GTech
View Post

Not all Components / Hardware are set up for Windows 7...

You will understand this, when you go to download the drivers for Windows 7 for your motherboard, because there won't be anything to download, and while the company may tell the person seeking support up front that this motherboard doesn't support windows 7, more often than not, you will not see anything other than a set of drivers to download.

If you don't have a disc which allows you to install drivers for windows 7 / vista / or xp for that matter, then you cannot run the OS you are missing drivers for!

My board has drivers for Windows 7, downloaded them off of EVGA.com for the 750i FTW.

For anyone reading this, it ended up being the ram, this board hates my ram, installed my old ram, and I haven't had a reboot in 6 hours. So much for expensive ram lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts