Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several times now my new rig has gotten a blue screen error when starting up. The first time this happened, the computer was unable to start up at all, but seemed solved after Windows did its start up repair.

This morning I had another blue screen error (which was too quick for me to see), but the computer started up fine when I accidentally selected start Windows normally. It has run smoothly all day and has rebooted successfully several times.

I did manage to catch one error as saying "Memory_Management," but I was getting this when I had a faulty graphics card as well...it would blue screen within 5 minutes of start up, but the problems vanished when I put my old 4850 back in.

Windows memtest and memtest detected no errors.

System specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD 955X4 3.2 ghz
4.0 GB RAM
ATI 4850 1 GB
MSI 790X-G45 mobo

·
Registered
866 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aninimous View Post
Several times now my new rig has gotten a blue screen error when starting up. The first time this happened, the computer was unable to start up at all, but seemed solved after Windows did its start up repair.

This morning I had another blue screen error (which was too quick for me to see), but the computer started up fine when I accidentally selected start Windows normally. It has run smoothly all day and has rebooted successfully several times.

I did manage to catch one error as saying "Memory_Management," but I was getting this when I had a faulty graphics card as well...it would blue screen within 5 minutes of start up, but the problems vanished when I put my old 4850 back in.

Windows memtest and memtest detected no errors.

System specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD 955X4 3.2 ghz
4.0 GB RAM
ATI 4850 1 GB
MSI 790X-G45 mobo
I recently had some of that, too, and was way worried that either memory or CPU or system drive had failed. I think it was somehow linked to a faulty (outdated) driver for the SATA controller that the system drive was connected to. In my case, that happens to be the JMicron (GBB36X). There was a newer driver on the Gigabyte website which I had missed. Installing it seems to have stopped the issues, you might check out your controller's driver and see if there's a newer version (since we both have 790 family boards).

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts