Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past couple of months, maybe once or twice a month, I would get this strange lockup.

Before, I would be surfing the net or something, nothing crazy, and my headphones would get this very loud sound in them. It would be the same sound you hear in your speakers when you plug them in but louder and it would keep looping. My system would also completely freeze up.

No, it only does that sound once and the system locks up. Happened twice today. I cant find any events in the event viewer.

Any way I can troubleshoot this? could this be a RAM issue cause I have always had issues when I tried making my ram run at 1600 like it is supposed to.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
It could be your ram ratio. Your ram should only be a 6x,8x,10x,12x of your BCLK.
On my Asus P6T LGA, the bios only lets me select the appropriate ram settings based on those multiples.
So for instance my BCLK is 191 and the bios closest setting to 1600 is like 1528 or 8x191=1528 but if I do 200 BCLK, I get 200x8=1600
I only have the vanilla P6T not the Deluxe V2, so maybe your version lets you key in the numbers and if you are doing a BCLK of 191 and trying to get 1600 MHz on your ram you could be screwing the ratio?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts