Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied to MIT and I get to know whether I'm accepted, deferred to later decision, or denied on the 16th.

My academics and SAT's are right at the bottom of their acceptance level but I really don't want to be denied

For that matter I want to be accepted regardless of how unlikely that is...

At least deferred would make me feel better about myself although it would kinda prolong the anxiety.

Anyway I cant decide if I want the day to come or not. Dreading it but really want to know as well...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Don't worry too much about things you can't control.. Let it go for a while, Best advice I can give you. getting anxious about it isn't going to change anything except having trouble sleeping at night..

Or else, just try to expect that you won't be accepted, so it's only an upside if you will

Good luck man, I hope they'll let you in

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I think you mean deferred, not differed.

But yea... I don't know how the education system works in the states, but I would relax... at least here there's plenty of ways to get in the course you like even when your scores aren't on par. Thenagain, we might be talking about a different situation. But anyways... do take education seriously, but remember: academic success isn't the measure of your life.

What exactly are you applying for?

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
You know... There is a saying mate, its not who you know;its who knows you
. Most of the time it doesn't matter where you get your degree. Those who do are honest fools.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bomfunk View Post
I think you mean deferred, not differed.

But yea... I don't know how the education system works in the states, but I would relax... at least here there's plenty of ways to get in the course you like even when your scores aren't on par. Thenagain, we might be talking about a different situation. But anyways... do take education seriously, but remember: academic success isn't the measure of your life.

What exactly are you applying for?
If you mean my intended major: Economic/Business

Yes, I mean deferred

I know I could do well at other college to but MIT just sounds really fun if you read about their campus and such.
As for my plan to get in:
  1. Not applying for a comp engineering or computer science degree like many of their applicants
  2. I'm a fairly good writer which means my essays might put me above those who are better at math.
Also I did apply to a bunch of colleges and am already accepted to one with about half it payed for in scholarships.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1hr...

I fail..Its at 9PM not AM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts