Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a sophomore at Drexel. Drexel has internships based on major (I'm an EE) with hundreds of companies. I landed a job. A good job, with Siemens, making $680/w which is pretty amazing pay for a 19 year old kid in college with literally no white collar experience. The internship was supposed to last 6 months. I quit on the 2nd day.

I couldn't stand the stuffy atmosphere, the work I would be doing (ticket-based server-side IT support aka gun to mouth), and the people on my team. So I walked away.

Drexel REQUIRES that I have an internship for this time period through March. So now I'm networking like a maniac trying to land something that in this economy may never surface.

Probably should have just kept at it for the pay.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by manifest3r View Post
Should've just suck it up for 6 months. Better than retail! Did you know about the 6 month requirement before you quit?
Yeah, I was well aware of all the requirements, stipulations, etc.

A part of the reason I quit was because I applied for the job as my entry major, CE. But then I changed to EE and I don't feel that the job would have helped me in any way for landing EE jobs. Plus I hate IT.

·
Banned
127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grmnasasin0227 View Post
So I'm a sophomore at Drexel. Drexel has internships based on major (I'm an EE) with hundreds of companies. I landed a job. A good job, with Siemens, making $680/w which is pretty amazing pay for a 19 year old kid in college with literally no white collar experience. The internship was supposed to last 6 months. I quit on the 2nd day.

I couldn't stand the stuffy atmosphere, the work I would be doing (ticket-based server-side IT support aka gun to mouth), and the people on my team. So I walked away.

Drexel REQUIRES that I have an internship for this time period through March. So now I'm networking like a maniac trying to land something that in this economy may never surface.

Probably should have just kept at it for the pay.
You're own fault dude
Unfortunate, but funny, in a schadenfreude sort of way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts