Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wake up i feel sick i only got 4 hours of sleep and im tired. I call my mom so she can call the school and she says i cant miss any more school days. Well thanks for not answering your phone UNTIL AFTER SCHOOL STARTS! Ive already had 3 days in which i was late within the past 9 weeks because of things like lack of sleep or traffic. Ive missed like 3 days over the course of 9 weeks and she wont let me miss 1 more? They reset on monday morning! People are out for weeks because they are sick. Now i am going to get an in school suspension because i was late and hopefully i can find a parking spot today. The school has over 100 students that drive and only about 40 parking spots. I also got a 108 on an anatomy packet that was worth 350 points. The teacher said we would have over a month to complete the work and we actually got 7 days of class time. My friend got the same grade and he went from a 94% to a 70 something and im only an average student so im going to fail the class this quarter.

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
Wow... Let's go over a few things.

You can drive so we're going to assume you're at least 16. You have a car... In 2 short years, you're going to be an adult. That means either going to college or getting a real job. Do you think either of those places are going to care if you're sick? Do you think you can just take time off because you're tired or don't feel well? That's not going to last a long time. Once you use up your sick time, that's it.

Those people who take weeks off are usually legitimately sick. Not just a stomach ache or because they're tired. You know, serious stuff like major infections or cancer.

Now onto your anatomy packet. Bummer you got a 107. How long did you have this packet? Not in class time but total time. When was it assigned? Did you really expect your teacher was going to hold up class for a month to work on something you should have been working on in your free time?

In short, stop making excuses for your actions, stop saying stuff is unfair and most importantly, learn to be punctual. When you're late, you're telling other people that you don't value their time. When I had employees, if they screwed up, no big deal. I'd help them out. If they were late, with no legitimate reason, that's when I got mad because I had to work around their precious precious schedule.

Man up, grow a set, and grow UP. I <3 tough love. Anywho, off to my job. Don't want to be late!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I only missed two classes in four years of college to illness, they were in the same semster. I had swine flu and regular flu.

It's a bit easier in college, though, because you're not required to be there from 8-3. Show up and go to classes and leave.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts