Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right, not using enough power.

I'm sitting at the bus stop at my university, and I have a 40 minute wait for the bus, and its -12C right now.

My laptop is providing a little bit of heat, but my DDR3, GMA4500 and 45nm Core 2 aren't producing enough heat to keep my fingers warm.

Its times like these I wish I had an Alienware. (It would have to be fully charged using a 9 cell to keep my fingers warm though)

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Hrm. Western Ontario, perchance? Or Ottawa maybe? Carleton?

Try loading RMClock on your laptop. Max out the voltage and speed and you might be able to pump out a bit more heat

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok Google messed the weather up. Its saying -1C right now, which is still pretty damn cold.

And the bus came. Its not leaving for another 15-20 minutes, but at least I'm warm now. (Still can't type because my fingers are numb though)

·
OG
4,062 Posts
You have internet at the bus stop. Damn what city you in?

Also -1*c is not to cold

·
Registered
159 Posts
i have never owned a laptop not sure how it feels but its times like that when you wish your computer overheats.. it was 28 degress tonight i was freezing

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by caraboose View Post
You have internet at the bus stop. Damn what city you in?

Also -1*c is not to cold

My entire university has wireless, and there is a bus terminal right on campus.

-1C isn't that cold, but I just wrote my 4th exam in 5 days and I'm just too tired to keep warm. Under normal circumstances I probably would have worn shorts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts