Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why the hell is there £6.99 DLC out for this game when it barely came out a week ago?

This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

The game just came out. There should not be ANY expandable content out right now. They should have included that with the game. For it to be out now, that means they developed it alongside the title.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,034 Posts
I agree with you 100%. With a game that is already extremely short, not including the 2 dlcs with the game is absolute crap.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,927 Posts
i agree...

the game was too short.

maybe the DLC was made after the game went gold, and they decided to release it now, while the hype train for the game is still flowing strong
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
15,777 Posts
It's all about the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Ecchi-BANZAII!!!
View Post

It's all about the grants.

fix'd

Grant was a better president than Franklin. Franklin isn't even a president compared to him!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by TestECull
View Post

The DLC is already in the game. Well, bits and pieces of it anyways.

So, why are they charging £6.99 for DLC on Steam?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by |\\/|0D3R|\\|♠\\/\\/4R|=4R3♠2
View Post

Are you dumb? You are complaining about being given an option to buy more content?

In this exhibit, I present to you the stereotypical Infinity Ward gamer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,781 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
In this exhibit, I present to you the stereotypical Infinity Ward gamer.
classic lol.

Yeah DLC really pisses me off. I remember when it first started coming out people thought it was so cool their old games could be updated. Numerous people knew it would only be a matter of time before devs started cutting crap from the finished game only to release it later at a low price of 10 bucks lol.

I'm pretty much completely against DL content. There is a small window between the time a game is released and the time a sequel comes out that I would find it ok. Honestly though if it's to close to release it should have been included in the game in the first place. If it's to far away from release it should simply be a part of the next game.

All of this is just my opinion obviously.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by |\\/|0D3R|\\|♠\\/\\/4R|=4R3♠2 View Post
Are you dumb? You are complaining about being given an option to buy more content?
Barely a week after the game's been released? Yeah, I am complaining about having to buy more content to get a full title.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
classic lol.

Yeah DLC really pisses me off. I remember when it first started coming out people thought it was so cool their old games could be updated. Numerous people knew it would only be a matter of time before devs started cutting crap from the finished game only to release it later at a low price of 10 bucks lol.

I'm pretty much completely against DL content. There is a small window between the time a game is released and the time a sequel comes out that I would find it ok. Honestly though if it's to close to release it should have been included in the game in the first place. If it's to far away from release it should simply be a part of the next game.

All of this is just my opinion obviously.
You're right in tune with my opinion. I'm against DLC entirely. I think it's a scam.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
You're right in tune with my opinion. I'm against DLC entirely. I think it's a scam.
It IS a scam.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
It's not a content patch that progresses the main story line, and tells us what happened to Joe etc., it's some side story about some random guy Jimmy and his vendetto. Therefore your point is moot.

I just don't get it: so in order for you to not complain, they should have hidden, the dlc and wait for couple of months before releasing it?

There's no difference, it still takes them the same amount of time to develop DLC + full game, they can either release it a few months apart or right away, it doesn't matter.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
15,777 Posts
If it was an expansion (20% or more extra content) then it's a good DLC.
This is just a small update.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,584 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Viridian
View Post

So, why are they charging £6.99 for DLC on Steam?

Because they want to, that's why.

Quote:


Originally Posted by |\\/|0D3R|\\|♠\\/\\/4R|=4R3♠2
View Post

Are you dumb? You are complaining about being given an option to buy more content?

Why should we have to buy content we already bought? It'd be like me buying a new Ford truck, then having to pay again two weeks later to allow me to use the glove box that was already there when I bought the damn thing.

A good DLC could be likened to Ford releasing an updated trailer hitch, stronger brakes and a new, larger radiator I could buy and have installed. This would increase the functionality of the original(Namely, a higher tow rating) without making me buy the same thing twice.

See the difference now? Mafia 2's DLC is like the first example, whereas something like Broken Steel for Fallout 3 the second example.

Quote:


Originally Posted by Viridian
View Post

I'm against DLC entirely. I think it's a scam.


I'm not against DLC entirely. Done right it can be good. See: Broken Steel for Fallout 3, or the myriad of updates Valve has released for TF2. Those are shining examples of 'good' DLC.

I only find DLC a scam if the DLC was already on-disk and the company was just too damn lazy to finish it before release.

Quote:


Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz
View Post

It IS a scam.

Again not all DLC is a scam. Broken Steel wasn't the scam-type of DLC. Though, admittedly, it could have done more for the game than it did...

Quote:


Originally Posted by |\\/|0D3R|\\|♠\\/\\/4R|=4R3♠2
View Post

I just don't get it: so in order for you to not complain, they should have hidden, the dlc and wait for couple of months before releasing it?

Hiding the DLC on-disk is exactly what we're taking offense to! It screams of laziness and/or greed. I've got nothing against a game dev, after the game ships, going back to making content for it and releasing that. That kind of DLC is great, shows the company cares about their customers. Even if they do charge for it.....

But when the DLC is already on the disk? I'm buying the same thing twice. That just ain't kosher.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top