Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the distinct feeling that my motherboard was having some issues, so as any good OCN member, I decided to purchase its replacement a bit early. Obviously this was to minimise any downtime that would be had. I ordered a UD3P on 11/22 and along with it my replacement Video Card, an Asus 5770 with the V1 cooler. I chose the UPS 3 day shipping, figured I'd have the parts by the following weekend even with the Holiday.

To help mask the fact that shipping was incredibly slow, Newegg failed to tell me about the tracking Number until late Tuesday afternoon. ((Monday afternoon I dealt with an online rep and got the tracking number early...it had been delivered Monday morning to UPS)). I see that the scheduled Delivery Date was 11/30 and was fairly irritated.

11/30 finally comes and my package arrives. I unpack the UD3P and begin swapping my hardware over. I don't open up the 5770 until I'm ready to install it in the UD3P, upon opening it, I see that I ended up with the Egg Shaped Cooler...not the one I ordered. I just use the 8800GT to install Windows...Board is DoA. I realize this isn't Neweggs fault, it just happens.

Since then, I've dealt with an online rep 9 times to get my situation fixed. They have voided my RMA number for the Video Card and reissued another, after I've already shipped it out to them. I was promised by a rep that once the products were in transit, they would do an Advanced RMA for the motherboard, and send the replacement out immediately, they would also begin the refund process through paypal for the 5770 as they have no exchange policy.

So far, my next motherboard order has sat at "Processing" which is basically waiting to be billed for almost 2 days. It seems to me that they are dragging their feet about shipping it out, only to verify that I've actually sent my parts in. I offered to pay for the board again, or at least have a hold placed on my card so that I wouldn't have to wait any longer than was required. I was repeatedly told that this would not be required and they were taking care of everything, including paying for Next Day Delivery for me.

At this rate, I won't have a motherboard before next week sometime, and will have to wait until midweek next week to reorder my 5770. This is from someone who's probably made about $6k worth of purchases through Newegg in 4 years.

I only write this because of how irritated I am with them at the moment. Seems that their Customer Service has really gone off the deep end. Does anyone have any good online Retailers that I can deal with other then the Egg now? I honestly don't even care if I have to pay a little more, just to not have to deal with them. I've never had issues with TigerDirect or ZipZoomFly...any other ones I should know about?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I feel you. I ordered something with 1 day delevery, it it takes a week before it is shipped to me. D= What is the point of paying more for better service if you aren't going to get it? It's like ordering a large coke, only they are out of large cokes, giving you a medium, only, they are still CHARGING you for the large coke.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts