Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand how people don't understand English, after many of them taking it their whole lives. When people say "There are so much (insert word here)" I want to start :swearing: at them, it doesn't even sound right! So, what's your opinion?

Edit: I'm talking about native English speakers, not people who take it as a second language.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
It's not as bad as when someone says "There's a bunch of (something)s" or similar. Either way, the internet is slowly ruining our language.

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

It's not as bad as when someone says "There's a bunch of (something)s" or similar. Either way, the internet is slowly ruining our language.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tNok85
View Post

There's a bunch of guys who do this on this site. There are so much stupidity here.

You just have to appreciate the situation here.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TnB= Gir
View Post

You just have to appreciate the situation here.

You just have to read the second line and appreciate it again, since "There are so much stupidity here" is a double fail.

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tNok85
View Post

You just have to read the second line and appreciate it again, since "There are so much stupidity here" is a double fail.

Frick.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawk4
View Post

it has alot of loose ends

Your mom has a...

Hmm. Nevermind, sorry.

·
Banned
5,782 Posts
This is such an integral part of the English language that I feel immediate and devastating action must be taken against the violators of this sacred grammatical decree.

tl;dr: It's not a big deal, get over yourself. A lot of people say "it's me!" which is incorrect.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolrock6644 View Post
I don't understand how people don't understand English, after many of them having it their whole lives. When people say "There are so much (insert word here)" I want to start :swearing: at them, it doesn't even sound right! So what's your opinion?
There's nothing wrong with "So much" it's just that you put it in a horrible
sentence.

I love you so much.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Come on, man, stop worrying about the meaningless things. It's me and so much are here to stay.

We have bigger issues to handle in this world.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolrock6644
View Post

I don't understand how people don't understand English, after many of them having it their whole lives. When people say "There are so much (insert word here)" I want to start :swearing: at them, it doesn't even sound right! So what's your opinion?

So, people have English? I know it's a language I speak.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that it is supposed to be "There IS so much xxxx"
So unless that is wrong to I would appreciate the correct way of using it.

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
There are so many mistakes.
There is a mistake in your post.

·
Banned
5,782 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwinp View Post
The only thing I can think of is that it is supposed to be "There IS so much xxxx"
So unless that is wrong to I would appreciate the correct way of using it.
Many. I have so many bananas, not so much bananas.

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
I hate it more when people say "you times 3 and 2 to get 6". You don't "times" anything! You multiply it for Gir's sake!

What have public schools come to?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts