Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/1955126133.html

Quote:

To start off with, you English not good. If you are going to reply to an ad, be it on craigslist, or any other, it would greatly help if you used English in such a way that it can be understood better. Also, just because you don't like an ad, or agree with what it says, doesn't give you the right to flag it, and cause it to be deleted. Based on the time of your e-mail, and the time that the ad was deleted, there is, at least, a 95% chance that you are the cause of my ad being deleted. It would be greatly appreciated, by myself, as well as others, that, if you don't like an ad, or what is contained within that ad, you just leave it alone, and move on.

As with the rest of your e-mail, I can state the following:

1) Just because you are a member of multiple forums doesn't mean you know everything you think, or want to believe, you know. Anyone can joint the forums you mentioned, as well as any other such forum. I, on the other hand, am on the Microsoft's Developer's List, as well as a member of their "Family & Friends" list, and have been involved in testing multiple products for them, some done in-home, with others done at their Mountain View campus.

2) I know exactly how much Micro Center sells the Core i7-930, and, having purchased from them many times (most of the staff in the components department know me, as does two of the managers), I also know that the Core i7-860/870 costs more than the i7-930. You have to remember that, while the i7-930 is the bottom-of-the-line (meaning the slowest CPU, and least powerful) of the 900-series, the 860/870 is among the top-of-the-line (ie. the fastest, and most powerful) of the 800-series, not to mention being one of the three most powerful CPUs of the entire Socket 1156 collection of CPUs. While the 930 and 860 share the same core clock speed, when it comes to Intel's Turbo Boost, the 860 auto-clocks to a higher speed than the 930. Not only that, but, when it comes to manually overclocking these two CPUs, the 860 can be overclocked far greater than the 870 (if you check, you will see that the 860 holds the record for overclocking to the highest speed, that being 7.3GHz, although, even when done by your typical hard-core gamer, it can still be overclocked far greater than the 930. I have seen multiple people able to OC their 860 to speeds in excess of 4GHz, with some reaching as high as 4.33GHz. On the other hand, the fastest stable speed the 930 can typically be OCed to is 4GHz, and just barely.

3) As to your GPU, the inclusion of the words "reference design", and "OC" shows that you don't even know what they mean. To put it as simple as possible, they are contradictory to each other (in other words, that means they have entirely different meanings, such as 2-wheel drive, and 4-wheel drive). There is NO such thing as "reference design OC". Any GPU that is OCed has been OCed by the manufacturer of the graphics card, not ATI/nVidia. As for the price you stated on the HD5870, if you purchased an OC version for only $310, then you must have gotten a deal no mere mortal has been able to obtain, for the OCed 5870s at Microcenter sell for $440-450, and even higher at TigerDirect (as a true builder, I also have a business account with them). Even if you bought a stock speed "cheapie", as in, a very low-quality, graphics card, such as one from Visiontek, Galaxy, Sapphire, and several others, the lowest price one can be found is $350, and that's only AFTER a $20 mail-in rebate, meaning that the real price of it is $370.

4) I see that the only two components you dared to mention are your CPU and graphics card, which doesn't say a lot for you computer. If you are (supposedly) able to build a better/faster system than what I have (or, should I say "had", thanks to you causing my ad to be deleted) listed on craigslist, then why don't you provide me with the specs…ALL the specs…of this system of yours, and let me do a real price comparison. Of course, this is only if you truly believe your computer to be better, which I highly doubt will be the case.

From everything I have mentioned above, it seem quite…actually, extremely…obvious that you don't "know your stuff" as much as you think you do, or try to convince yourself to believe is true. Before you tell someone their "system doesn't worth", or, to use PROPER English, "isn't worth", $2000, try checking out the prices. Then, once you have the prices of the individual components, add in the costs associated with building such a system. Not everyone knows how to build their own computer, and that includes a god number of gamers, who still have their systems built by someone else. Once you add in the build cost (which, in the case of my computer, could easily be $200-300, and, if you don't believe me, check with some other people who really DO know what they are doing, as all the extra touches I did cost more than just a "basic" build, which mine, most definitely, is not), then you also need to add in the cost of the customized, and custom-painted case, which, as I mentioned, would cost, at minimum, $350-500. If you check around, you will find some computer case painters who charge as much as $700, and that's just to paint the case a solid (as in, only one) color. My case consists of a 4-color design, with the "HAF 922" logo having taken considerable work and effort.

Once you figure out these things, as well as being willing to e-mail me the specs of this computer you claim to have built, then we can compare the two systems against one another, mono e mono. Until then, and even after then, try not to flag ads just because you don't like, or don't agree with, them.

I told him that his system isn't worth over $2000 because he is looking to trade my Asus G73JH-A1 with OCZ vertex 2 60GB plus cash on my part. I also mentions that his case isn't really expensive and his system is "used", not brand new.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Newegg.com sells CypowerPC for $1400 which has better specs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-201-_-Product

Quote:
Wow. It took you all day to search out that one, did it? Of course, it still doesn't even come close to my system, but nice (or not-so-nice) try. For starters, while it does use the i7-870, instead of the i7-860, it is using considerably slower 1333MHz memory. I would also bet that the memory in that system is relatively inexpensive memory, and won't be able to handle much, if any at al, overclocking. The memory in my system, on the other hand, is Corsair DDR3 Dominator memory…essentially, the best available. The only memory that is better is their Dominator GT, and that's only because the GT versions offer higher stock speeds, but those can easily be matched by overclocking the Dominator memory, which it, unlike the memory in that Cyberpower computer, won't be able to handle. Add to that their 1TB of storage, compared to my2.3TB, as well as their single 42x DVD/CD burner, against my 24x DVD/CD burner AND Blu-ray drive, both Sony (much better than whatever low-end brand they will have used).

To continue, while theirs may have an 800w (again, easily beaten by my 850w), I can virtually guarantee that the PSU they used is, as with most of the other components, very low-end, whereas I, once again, used one of the most top-of-the-line, and highest quality, PSUs available, the Corsair HX850w. Yes, theirs uses an HD5870, against my GTX 275, but it only performs moderately better. Besides, you would have to spend an absolute minimum of $370 (before the $20 mail-in rebate), whereas you can pick up a second GTX 275 for $180 (that is less than half the cost of an HD5870, if you do the math), and with two GTX 275s, in SLI, let's just say it would leave the HD5870 in the dust, quite literally. Lastly, at least in regards to the components they actually have listed, the case they used is a crappy, very low-end case, that sells for less than $50, which, I should also mention, is an out-of-production unit, meaning that none have been made for at least a few months, and the only reason they are using them for this system is so that they can get rid of them. They can't even sell the case, just by itself, as absolutely no one wants it. To further add insult to injury, I notice that they don't even mention the mobo, which tells me it is probably another low-end/low-quality product, such a one from ACS, Biostar, or any other mobo manufacturer that makes garbage mobos. As I've said before, check for yourself (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811517002). Of the few places that do actually still have it in stock, I am finding them selling it for $30-40. Compare that against the Cooler master HAF 922, and that's like comparing a Acura TL to a Honda Civic. In regards to the painted case link you provided, if you ACTUALLY look, you will notice that the price for that case, as well as their other painted cases, was $950-1100, that these cases were done WAY BACK IN 2007, and as such, you SHOULD be able to figure out, as with the AZZA Orion Black Gaming Tower case used in the Cyberpower computer, these are the leftovers, and they just want to get rid of them, to make room for newer, and more important (ie. financially, more valuable) products. In other words, they would rather try and sell them at super-low prices, then throw them out. Even so, they are still equal to the 4350 minimum price I originally stated for custom-painted cases, so, once again, you lose.

Of course, this still doesn't take into account the custom-paint job done on the case, the hardware customizations, or the special care put into actually building the system. If you read any of the reviews on Cyberpower computers, you will find that they not only tend to get pretty bad reviews, but they are also known for using low-quality/low-end parts that, when compared against the highest quality parts I used, this Cyberpower system you point out is about the biggest joke of a comparison I have ever seen, or heard of. Tell you what…if you buy this Cyberpower computer that you are so proud of, and we pit the two systems against each other, and yours proves to be a better, and more powerful system, I will give you my computer, free of charge. By "better and more powerful", that means a 100% full-on comparison of every aspect of the two computers, from CPU & GPU performance, to the performance & quality of every component the computers are built from. Of course, another "feather in my cap" is that, while the Cyberpower computer is only running Windows 7 Home Premium, mine is running Windows 7 Professional, plus, I can 100% guarantee that theirs is an OEM install, meaning you get absolutely no support from Microsoft, while, with my full-retail install, you DO get tech support from Microsoft. As a final "sting" to the Cyberpower computer, it only comes with a 1-year warranty, while my computer has the full warranty of each component, from each manufacturer. Just to toss out a few examples, the CPU has a 3-year warranty, the mobo has a 3-year warranty, the power supply has a 7-year warranty, and, get this, the graphics card has a LIFETIME warranty, and EVGA really DOES stand by their warranties, as they replaced, free of charge (including S&H) a 680i SLI mobo I had a few years ago. That shows you how 200% confident I am that my computer is the better of the two. The question here is, are you REALLY that confident in this Cyberpower computer, or are you, as I highly suspect, going to be a chicken?

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
First sentence:

Quote:
To start off with, you English not good.
This has cemented my belief that he's a self-satisfied prig who thinks he is the only person on earth who ever gets anything right.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got another message from him.

Quote:

Just as a quick follow-up, one day Asians will start to realize that cheap prices almost never equal true quality. Of course, I said you/they will "start" to learn, not that any actual learning will happen. Even though many electronics components are manufactured in various Asian countries, all but a few are designed in the U.S. or Europe, and even then, while they made be manufactured in said Asian countries, they still have to comply with the standards of the designing company. Yes, there are a few exceptions, but very few, which is, for example, when it comes to motherboards, purely Asian companies, such as ECS (my mistake in the last e-mail by referring to them as "ACS", Biostar, Azza (same crappy manufacturer as the case in that Cyberpower computer you love), Elite, Megatrends, Soyo Computer, and many, many, many others I could mention, but don't feel the need to waste my time doing so.

I am very sure that his "used" systsem is made from China.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
This dude is a total bad ass. Not only is his response idiotic in more ways than I can count, but look at his listing. i7 870 @ 2.8 Ghz over clocked to a mammoth 2.94 Ghz

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
That painjob is worth $500 alone

lol that guy sounds like a total tool

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Asian parts are cheap crap?

Well, I guess that means we should all say farewell to Asus and Gigabyte then.

PS: I also like how he's asking for an Asus gaming notebook (Taiwanese), a MacBook (Chinese-made), and uses Nvidia GPUs and Intel CPUs (manufactured at TSMC, Taiwanese).

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r31ncarnat3d
View Post

Asian parts are cheap crap?

Well, I guess that means we should all say farewell to Asus and Gigabyte then.

PS: I also like how he's asking for an Asus gaming notebook (Taiwanese), a MacBook (Chinese-made), and uses Nvidia GPUs and Intel CPUs (manufactured at TSMC, Taiwanese).

Say farewell to anything then LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
Sounds like the 'AMD makes cheap, illegal knockoffs of American chips using child labor in sweatshops' guy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You know, AMD DID make clones of Intel processors back in the day (1980s). I don't know about illegal and child labor part, but you should look up the history of AMD/Intel.

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
You know, theres also some good deals on there. A gtx 280 for $100, sony vaio for $200 with parts, an acer laptop for $50 that I sold for $105, ect. Too bad I'm 15 and have to rely on my parents to take me everywhere.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruler View Post
You know, theres also some good deals on there. A gtx 280 for $100, sony vaio for $200 with parts, an acer laptop for $50 that I sold for $105, ect. Too bad I'm 15 and have to rely on my parents to take me everywhere.
Better to have your parents take you than go by yourself though. Lots of creeps on craigslist.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New message from him

Quote:

Your lack of response to my challenge offer tells me all I needed to know, not that I didn't already know it to begin with, with that point being, you either realized, or knew, in advance, that you couldn't buy a computer equal to mine for less money. Good day.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts