Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rave (of cos good one first)
- had a corsair 850 psu burnt out on me. randomly. i thought it was something else.. but it wouldnt restart... starting taking components off and noticed burning on the atx connector (mobo side) by like 3 pins.. looked in the same area on the connector (psu side) and it was kinda melty ! O_O submitted an RMA to corsair and sent it in. JUST got it back BEFORE any notice of it being replaced ! BRAND NEW IN BOX TX850 !
a little side note, the psu was traded from another member on OCN. Not sure what they have done with PSU but not blaming it on them. (anotehr side note, pm'ed them for receipt and they replied quick and sent me it! =P) weee new psu now
wonder if i should put the 850 back into my secondary or save it for my main now....

but anyway... EXCEPTION RMA PERFORMANCE by Corsair ! RMA'ed twice to them (first was a usb flash drive that i think was damaged due to horseplay
*whistles*) it was in my pocket >_> and was pulled out of my pocket (not by me) and fell on ground and mighta been stepped on >_>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANTTTT
- freakin eVGA... i thought their RMA service was good when like 2 years ago i RMAed my gtx260 due to a overheating problem... they sent me back a brand new in box one.. THIS time.. i sent in my mobo because i had some weird error out of nowhere while using the computer.. couldnt figure it out so i submitted it for RMA and sent it in... they recieved it and sent me an email.. RECEIVED PRODUCT WAS DAMAGED! ***?!?!?!?!?!
son of a.. so i thought it was some shipping damage (started to regret not using that clam shell thing to ship from mobo box) then i found out it was a bent pin on the socket which people on OCN said was HARD to bend !!! ***?!? ALSO ! people on OCN (man i love u guys when it comes to questions.. lol... ) eVGA has been doing this to quite a FEW people here !! son of a .. mannnnn $50 for a repair. tho at this point, i think id take the 50 and do it... cant really find a new lga 775 board for 50 bux anymore... any good ddr2 ones anyway... but i may call em up later and see if i can find a manager or something to talk to.. worse case scenario.. it goes up to the marketing director @[email protected] thats quite scary when a problem needs to go so high.. tho it is a problem that they are doing that to customers.. loyal customers who loved eVGA for their products being sad and going to other companies due to eVGA's stupid RMA dept >=[

om nom nom.. (yes random) uhmmm *sigh* not sure what to do with eVGA at this point in time... ><

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was it? oops @[email protected] i just typed whatever that went into my head LOL sorry ! maybe ill rewrite it when i get home later xDDD

im sad. i really liked evga mobo designs... i liked my board too... love the dark scheme xD

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandroo888 View Post
was it? oops @[email protected] i just typed whatever that went into my head LOL sorry ! maybe ill rewrite it when i get home later xDDD

im sad. i really liked evga mobo designs... i liked my board too... love the dark scheme xD
Yeah me too...their blacked out mobos look amazing but, if their mobo CS is horrib than I will not purchase any of their mobos.

You should check out some of Gigabytes new boards...it seems as though they are going the dark route now (with all black mobos). I've only seen the upcoming 1155 Gigabyte mobos with the blacked out theme but who knows if they will pass that theme along to 1366 or 1156.

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was tryin to stay in lga 775 b/c i have a full set of ram for it.. rather not spend money on a new mobo n ram sets

·
Village Idiot
2,396 Posts
My head hurt trying to read your post, but it seems you RMA'd an EVGA motherboard and they said you bent pins and refuse to give you a new one? I've heard of that happening to a few OCN members recently. Quite disturbing. I have always been under the impression that EVGA had exceptional service... guess not. Will take not to stay away in the future.

While we're talking about RMA service, I figure I'll mention that I've had multiple RMAs through Mushkin, Corsair, and Gskill (UTT DDR and D9 DDR2 liked to die...) and all of them were great. Gskill always sent back BNIB ram kits along with a case badge and a few stickers. One time I called Mushkin asking where my RMA was and the woman on the phone admitted that there was a mess up and personally over nighted me a kit that same day. Swiftech's service is also great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts