Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A weird thing started happening this summer. My sister, my mom and myself started receiving religious SMS from all over the world. My own messages come from so far:

Afghanistan
Cambodia
Kuwait
Uganda
India
Brunei
Hong-Kong
Burkina Faso
Ghana

The weirdest part is that my mom had just gotten her number. The messages themselves are a couple of sentences from Christian religious books.

Anyone had this happen to them? The annoying thing is that I don't think I can ask my provider to block these messages since every one of them is from a different country or at least different number.

I live in France btw. And the messages are in English.

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
That's weird. I get phone calls from an automated spanish voice every so often but I think that's mainly some sort of scam.

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank god they're not actually calling me. That would be bad.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Once in awhile we get calls from people in China.
Yep, it's a scam asking for bank account number and password.

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
I kept getting texts before telling me I need to contact border police and my school or I will get deported.

Considering I left school 5 years ago and I'm English, I found this highly improbable.

In the end someone rang me and started bartering on about how I'm going to be sent back to some dodgy country. Then I put them straight and they apologised, never had another call/text. lol

I've yet to have a religious one though. That would be interesting.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
We have recruited other TBAG missionaries to try to get you to see the light of BC2 again.

Noob.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I get anywhere from 10-20 "news alert" SMS, that I never signed up for, from some TV station in San Diego every day.
I tried emailing their web master, huge waste of time.

Thank God for call blocking apps...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts