Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good as it is, the updates to the client are extremely annoying.

it always seems to pick the worst possible time to decide to an update, and will take maybe an hour to download the update, and then still not work, or will not log me in after updating.

did that on a saturday morning 2 weeks back, and now it's done it again, when i'm sitting and have no work to do.

and yes, i've deleted the clientregistry.blob 3 times now...

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^ View Post

it always seems to pick the worst possible time to decide to an update, and will take maybe an hour to download the update, and then still not work, or will not log me in after updating.

did that on a saturday morning 2 weeks back, and now it's done it again, when i'm sitting and have no work to do.

an hour to download? are you on a 56k modem or what? it's never that long for me.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a pseudo 512K connection.

in other words, it's not nearly close to that.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^
View Post

never had any problems like this

Quote:

Originally Posted by T3h_Ch33z_Muncha
View Post

i refuse to use steam.

lol

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
I love steam, but I'm not picky about where I buy the game. Wherever I buy it, I just link the game to it anyway. So I'm on it all the time, and have never had login issues post update.

Though I remember one time, right before I went on a trip (no internet) steam started updating. I shut it down, and couldn't play any steam games, cause it was trying to update all week with no internet

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by T3h_Ch33z_Muncha View Post
i refuse to use steam.
So you are posting in a topic about steam to clarify your position in not using steam, without any backing articles or arguments...just to say you refuse to use steam?

Quality post, my dear watson.

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMirrorLink View Post
So you are posting in a topic about steam to clarify your position in not using steam, without any backing articles or arguments...just to say you refuse to use steam?

Quality post, my dear watson.
who knew you needed evidence for an opinion

considering it's an opinion thread, clearly against steam.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoo861
View Post

Well that would be why...gotta spring for more tubes.

on a so-called 'business line', and internet here doesn't get much faster: probably 768k for some absurd amount each month.

bleh, there's decently speedy internet, and i can use Steam. guess i should just count my blessings.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I used to hate steam, but now I think it's okay. Demos ftw!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I only buy steam games when they are significantly cheaper than the retail boxed version. I paid $2.50 for TF2, $7.50 for Left 4 Dead, and $5 for Half Life 2. Everything else I have is either a Mod or a free game.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir
View Post

Odd. A steam update has never ever taken me more than a minute or two to complete.

Same here, I have never had an issue that deleting the clientblob couldn't fix really.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts