Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the horror stories you hear about people being scammed on Paypal etc, eBay is simultaneously one of the most frustrating and rewarding places to hunt around for PC parts.

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sapphire-ATI-R...#ht_683wt_1137

I'm bored of seeing ads that say something along the lines of:

'This PC comes with a MASSIVE 512MB of RAM'

'The EXTREMELY POWERFUL Intel P4'

And about 95% of what's for sale on there being very (or in some cases outrageously) overpriced.

On the RAVE side though I've found so many genuine bargins there that I want to keep sifting through all the rubbish to find those gems.

Nonsense thread, just a ramble - sorry!

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Make him an equally egregious offer

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thing is, on here people know the value of their goods. On eBay, that isn't always the case, which is why I managed to buy a new system worth £500+ for £220.

Plus the auction element throws up a few surprises.

But when I've got the rep I'll list most of my wares here. Ebay still amuses me though

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
eBay is frustrating. Buyers rarely know that the seller's funds are withheld for a whopping 21 days, or until they give good feedback. And they never leave feedback.

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Even some of the "gems" are rubbish. I'm waiting until Friday to give a seller negative feedback + file a paypal claim on the auction of a second monitor that I had won. The guy never even shipped the thing out and doesn't answer my messages...

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
I dunno, I'm selling a broken laptop I bought for $60, and replaced a hard drive and upgraded the ram in another computer from that, and am selling on ebay. 4 bids by 3 people, 12 watchers, and 4 days left
. It's at $35 right now and it's sure to go up higher.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruler
View Post

I dunno, I'm selling a broken laptop I bought for $60, and replaced a hard drive and upgraded the ram in another computer from that, and am selling on ebay. 4 bids by 3 people, 12 watchers, and 4 days left
. It's at $35 right now and it's sure to go up higher.

Don't forget about eBay tax, and PayPal tax.

·
Code Monkey
1,851 Posts
I've had some bargains off eBay recently. A webcam that sold in Tesco for £30, cost me 8 quid plus 2 postage. 256MB of RDRAM cost me 99p plus 3 quid postage (plus 4 CRIMMs, which alone sell for £1.99 new). I'm addicted to eBay bargains and it's unhealthy

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I am mad right now cause i mixed up the colors for my ink cartridges. Apparently he labels both sales as cyan color but distinguishes it with the picture. I didn't notice that and bought light cyan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts