Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and was told that due to the way the tooth had cracked, it would not require a root canal, but an extraction....*** so now i need to look into a oral surgeon to yank the ****ing thing, and get an implant/spacer/whatever i need to keep my other teeth from shifting around once the problem one is gone

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
its not that bad. Just make sure they give you 4 good shots of novacaine, and that you keep the bleeding down afterwards. no hard foods for a couple days. Oh and dont eat the scab that forms after they take the tooth out, it doesnt taste good.

If you didnt notice, I had one pulled
Had a tooth crack in half in highschool. they did a root canal, and then capped it. All was good, cap came off years later, they replaced the cap. Then it came off again but some tooth came up with it. they looked closer and turned out the root started crumbling inside my gum. So they said yea, it needs to be pulled out. they gave me 3 shots and took one pull, i was like yea, so about that fourth shot of novacaine. they did and i asked when it owuld be out, and it was

So now I have a hole in my mouth

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Root canals aren't that bad, honestly.

They give you some anaesthetic, you don't feel anything, it aches for a little bit and then you're all good.

I've had 2, I'm not 17 yet. Calm down matey

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
I will probably need one. I got a big filling that fell out. Some say I need a ceramic filling others a root job. I found a guy that would try a filling and that will work for a while. If it cracks I am in trouble, like you. The ceramic inlay may fix it or cause a crack, depending on the Dr. you ask

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost55
View Post

15. no cavities so far...

It's not cause I didn't take care of my teeth.

It's cause I'm clumsy and good at hitting my jaw on things.

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
Pain wise, I'd much rather have an extraction than a root canal. Extractions are easy. Just watch out for dry socket and you're fine. Even my impacted wisdom teeth weren't that bad. They cut the gum (because they were impacted), broke the tooth into pieces and yanked them out. A few stitches and some pain pills and I was fine.

Money wise, I wouldn't want either. Root canals are expensive up front. Extractions are cheaper until you have to get a fake tooth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts