Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about the RASA kits, how does the RX240 kit compare to the RS360 kit, the RS360 kit is cheaper than RX240 kit. Would I get better temps with the RS360? I have room in my HAF-X for a 360 and It would save me money over getting the RX240. RX240 is $169 and RS360 is $150.

Anyone know if theres a chart comparing temps for all the RASA kits?

This will be my 1st time going underwater so I'm thinking a RASA kit is best for me. Gonna get all i can out of my 1100T rather than get a faildozer.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
The RS360 is too thin for my liking, you might as well dig deep for the RX360

+ GPU Block when you learn that you have water-cooling addiction.

·
Banned
432 Posts
THe RX rads are alot thicker put with less fins per inch letting you use a lot lower fan to cool the system like a Gentle Typhoon 120mm Fan 1850RPM (AP-15) then you have low noise but the same cooling as if you had a RS360 with higher speed fans to cool the system
Sorry I may have seen a chart but cant remember were

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Depending on the VRM heatsinks on your motherboard and your RAM, the RX will be a tight fit. I have no clearance issues with my EK 360 which is about 72mm thick including fans. The RX with 25mm fans will be 83.5mm thick. You can get around this potential problem by putting the 120x25mm fans inside the top with a Pull configuration, replacing the 200mm fan(s) that are there now.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was hoping to leave the 200mm fans on top to suck hot air around the side of the rad, and I want to do AP-15s on the rad, I feel like I've seen people get the RX in the haf x even tho it's tight, worst comes to worst I could mount it off the back I guess but I'd rather not. Also i want to implement some sort of easy drain system would it be better to use one of those koolance disconnects or a T fitting with a plug on the end

·
Banned
432 Posts
Well the t fitting would always be hanging there lol but the Koolance fitting work great at the lowest point in the system

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I'm secretly terrified to try watercooling I don't wana break my rig but I've done quite a bit of research on how to install it safely I just need to pull the trigger on parts. I also want another 6970 only have money for one or the other right now gotta make up my mind. It's like 2 equally hot girls want to Smd and I have to choose

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I removed the gfx then cover mb, put bowl underneath rad worked last time I did it though you have just made me think, I have a gpu block coming which will mean i will need to drain b4 removing it mmmm may need to rethink

6,097 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hydropwnics
View Post

i mean if i pull a hose out of a rad in your computer doesnt water go everywhere or do u just have to have a cup or something right under it when you remove it

make a drainage T with a terminal stopper at the bottom most part of the loop. you will have to buy additional parts on top of the rasa kit to get it right.

i had a 1055T before on my ch iv and the rs 240 kit does a pretty good job of cooling my cpu along with my gpu.

at most the water temp got as hot as 60 degrees with my gpu and cpu loop, but im in the basement so ambients do help.

i can get away with a rasa 240 kit cooling gpu and cpu, im sure you can too. getting a 360 would help more but really depends on what you plan on adding into the loop.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think for right now just CPU, thing is I might by a second 6970 and Im probably not going to shell out for 2 GPU blocks and Rads to handle 2 cards. I feel like RX240 will be good for now and I could always add another 240 mounted off the back or something if I decide to get GPU blocks. Im just scared I'm going to order one of the RX models and I'm not going to have enough room to get fans below it, even tho people have done it. I haven't seen it done with my particular mobo.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hydropwnics
View Post

i think for right now just CPU, thing is I might by a second 6970 and Im probably not going to shell out for 2 GPU blocks and Rads to handle 2 cards. I feel like RX240 will be good for now and I could always add another 240 mounted off the back or something if I decide to get GPU blocks. Im just scared I'm going to order one of the RX models and I'm not going to have enough room to get fans below it, even tho people have done it. I haven't seen it done with my particular mobo.

a simple thing I did was get cardboard and make a mock up of the rad + fans then put it in place to see if I coud do it, I found i could do bottom fans but my top 3 fans are outside were the 200mm was

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks

edit: so im thinking this, i think ima go RS360 cause i've seen a lot of mixed reviews about fitting the RX and a rs360 will be plenty for my CPU

XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 Universal CPU / Triple Radiator Water Cooling Kit

3x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm x 25mm Fan - 1850 RPM (D1225C12B5AP-15)

Bitspower G1/4" Matte Black T Adapter (BP-MBTMB) with 3x 1/2" Barbs

Swiftech 1/2" Aluminum Remote Fill-Port Fitting - Black (1/2"FPF-AL)

PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 7/16" ID 5/8" OD with 3/32" Wall - 10ft Retail Pack - UV Red (PFLEXP10-758-R)

Primoflex Nylon Reusable Hose Clamp - Black - 5/8" OD - A few of these for T fittings

PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils - 5/8" OD Tubing - Black

Total: $260.68 from frozencpu.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts