Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
anything else in the loop other than the CPU? for a cpu only I don't think there will be much difference. I have some iwaki's and their value is for the very restrictive loop, and even then, another DDC would probably do the trick.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Cpu only loop, that Rasa kit is the best bang for your buck IMO.

That Iwaki is made for restrictive loops...you'd overwork it in a practically unrestricted cpu-only loop.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiasian;11994908
i agree with the above.
rasa is good for cpu only. throwing in a gpu is gonna require more pump power.
No it won't, that pump can handle more then you think.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The temp difference between the kits is well within 5 degrees celsius for a typical setup.

The more important factors are your budget, your aesthetic preferences, and how much work you want to put into it. The rasa kit with the RX series radiators is actually very good. In benchmarks i've seen the waterblock is a bit better than apogee xt and slightly above or below the ek hf (topdog waterblock) depending on the source of the benchmarks.

·
Banned
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, you guys would recommend getting the Rasa for my 2600k?

Will there really be no difference between the Rasa and the highest-end watercooling system ever built?

·
Registered
878 Posts
until you start throwing TECs and pellitier chillers in there, you're looking at ambient being the best you can get period. Rasa gets close to ambients as it is, with just a rs360 kit such as I have. I am only 10f over ambient on idle, which I'd say is damn good for 150 bucks

·
Banned
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofyo1
View Post

until you start throwing TECs and pellitier chillers in there, you're looking at ambient being the best you can get period. Rasa gets close to ambients as it is, with just a rs360 kit such as I have. I am only 10f over ambient on idle, which I'd say is damn good for 150 bucks

I'm asking whether I should get something better than the kit.

As in an entire build.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The pump that comes with the Rasa kit isn't going to handle CPU and triple SLI GTX580 for very long.
Vertex3? Can you show some benchmarks lol? Yes you are looking at more than $500 for entire build counting 3 580 blocks and a CPU block. What size rad(s) can you fit in that case?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have,...i forget the model number-several 115V pumps comparable to the rd-30. a good bit stronger, that much more heat dump (ie, like 5 DDC pumps). I had one with 2 480mm rads and 4 gtx 295s (in series). heat dump was proportionally ok (up to 90W isnt bad when the cards will put out 900 or so).

if you were going to add in 3 GTX 580 blocks, you'll want another rad (and big! will that fit inside the p190???)...could just throw in another pump for redundancy.

I paid less for my iwaki setup than the cost of 2 DDC 3.2s or 655's and tops which is why i went for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts