Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm plan to get 4 of there DELTAS fro my rad (480 GTX). When ever I look through threads concerning best rad fans a lot of ppl always talk about cfm. These have 220, so they should be GREAT why isnt there much talk about them?

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
the golfball design fans i hear are better but they should do the job. read reviews?

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Because having 8 of those would make you go deaf lol!!! I use 3k rpm ultra Kaze's. Which are loud too, but i use a fan controller, so when im not using my full cover headset and gaming or benching, i just turn them down.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxG3nexX
View Post

I'm plan to get 4 of there DELTAS fro my rad (480 GTX). When ever I look through threads concerning best rad fans a lot of ppl always talk about cfm. These have 220, so they should be GREAT why isnt there much talk about them?

Do you have ANY idea how loud 4 fans at 65dBA each will be? You better have a real nice fan controller for them, and even then, I'm not sure how well they undervolt.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
You want more static pressure, spamming CFM is pointless (even though the deltas have a lot of pressure.)

Take a look at this:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=193647

Get Sanyo or Panaflo's. Newark.com sell Sanyo Denki's (I just got four from them).

·
Banned
930 Posts
you not only need a fan controller for those deltas, but you need a powerful fan controller. each fan uses 30 watts. a rheobus extreme handles 30 watts per channel. just too crazy.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pixie
View Post

you not only need a fan controller for those deltas, but you need a powerful fan controller. each fan uses 30 watts. a rheobus extreme handles 30 watts per channel. just too crazy.

Iv got a rheobus extreme, and iv got 2 kaze's on chan 1 and 2 on chan 2. rheobus extreme Is a good controller.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timlander
View Post

Iv got a rheobus extreme, and iv got 2 kaze's on chan 1 and 2 on chan 2. rheobus extreme Is a good controller.

Can't really compare an ultra kaze to a delta like this..lol.

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
those fans look good. hopefully they will keep your rig nice and cool.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg
View Post

Can't really compare an ultra kaze to a delta like this..lol.

Oh i know, and im happy i dont have 65 Decibel fans. My 4 x 45 decibel ones are enough for me!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
You do not want to be in the same room with 65dba fans..

I have 45dba Kaze 3000's, I cant stand them anywhere near full power. (Or underpowered for that matter, but that's a different issue)

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbhrd
View Post

You do not want to be in the same room with 65dba fans..

I have 45dba Kaze 3000's, I cant stand them anywhere near full power. (Or underpowered for that matter, but that's a different issue)

Yes i know how you feel...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin
View Post

You want more static pressure, spamming CFM is pointless (even though the deltas have a lot of pressure.)

Take a look at this:

Get Sanyo or Panaflo's. Newark.com sell Sanyo Denki's (I just got four from them).

For anyone who is really into case fans, the Sanyo Denkis are almost the grail...great CFM/noise ratio, well-made (ball-bearing) but very hard to find. And it looks like Marin found them!

I'm sorry, I'm thread-jacking, I think, but...Marin, what models did you get? Is/are there particular Sanyo you'd recommend (high CFM/low noise)?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by seward View Post
For anyone who is really into case fans, the Sanyo Denkis are almost the grail...great CFM/noise ratio, well-made (ball-bearing) but very hard to find. And it looks like Marin found them!

I'm sorry, I'm thread-jacking, I think, but...Marin, what models did you get? Is/are there particular Sanyo you'd recommend (high CFM/low noise)?
Marin has San Ace 1011's , for what i remember

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tofunater View Post
Marin is referencing the new 1011 revisions. They consume less power, have a higher static pressure at a slightly reduced cfm rating and can be found here. I have them on my rad right now, and they are amazing.
+1 Thank you! I wasn't sure what the current version of the 1011 is, couldn't figure it out from serial #s.

Oh and +1 Marin, thank you too, very much! If I could +rep you, I would. Hell, if I could hug you, I would. Nothing dodgy.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timlander
View Post

Because having 8 of those would make you go deaf lol!!! I use 3k rpm ultra Kaze's. Which are loud too, but i use a fan controller, so when im not using my full cover headset and gaming or benching, i just turn them down.

only 4, pulling and yea i'll need a BEAST fan controller

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin
View Post

Take a look at this:

thats links down but i'll try agian later, i just want the best performance...and not knowing much about rad fans i was thinking the more cfm the better

·
Banned
5,217 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tofunater
View Post

Marin is referencing the new 1011 revisions. They consume less power, have a higher static pressure at a slightly reduced cfm rating and can be found here. I have them on my rad right now, and they are amazing.

Interesting. I'd need 6 of those for my rad and that is a heck of alot of money for fans.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts