Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I wonder why the chose Whiplash to be in this movie? He really wasn't that big of a threat to Ironman. I do like that they have managed to get the briefcase armor in this movie. If they show a little peek of the next Marvel movie at the end like they did last time it should be a hint towards the Capt. America movie.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawk4 View Post
When they pretty much kicked off Terrence Howard and put in Don Cheadle I wasn't happy
I'm still not.
I am in agreement.

I like Don Cheadle (Traitor was a good flick), but what was done to Terrence Howard seemed like a slap in the face and an attempt to garner more revenue from the box office (?).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrillian
View Post

I am in agreement.

I like Don Cheadle (Traitor was a good flick), but what was done to Terrence Howard seemed like a slap in the face and an attempt to garner more revenue from the box office (?).

Supposedly he was making more than even the main actor. And the director did not like working with him?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kikaider
View Post

Supposedly he was making more than even the main actor. And the director did not like working with him?

As I have read, he kept demanding more and more money, and was generally and ass.

So they booted him, and hired the other guy. I am not happy about it (I would like to keep the same guy for the same person, you know?) but if this guy is easier to work with, meh.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirLagALot
View Post

Captain America's a douchebag ><
But Whiplash is a good choice, I reckon. Not many others would keep up

WHAAAAAAAT? Cap is a 1940s bawss. I hope they manage so squeeze a good movie or two out of him. Add a few more heroes and youve got yourself an Avengers movie kekekeke. Or Ultimates at the very least.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoo861 View Post
WHAAAAAAAT? Cap is a 1940s bawss. I hope they manage so squeeze a good movie or two out of him. Add a few more heroes and youve got yourself an Avengers movie kekekeke. Or Ultimates at the very least.
After Cap's movie they have a Thor movie scheduled then the Avengers movie will be out in 2012.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
Mickey Rourke as Thor too?!? Yoohoooo!

Nope Chris Hemsworth is playing Thor. Anthony Hopkins is playing Odin.

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by buster2010
View Post

Nope Chris Hemsworth is playing Thor. Anthony Hopkins is playing Odin.

Seriously?
Hopkins is one of my favourite actors, looking forward to that.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [PWN]Schubie
View Post

Seriously?
Hopkins is one of my favourite actors, looking forward to that.

Casting does look good for the movie. IMDB Thor Not much is known about Capt. America though. The First Avenger: Captain America

·
Banned
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Personally, I don't like how they are going to mix Norse mythology with Marvel superheroes, and "Hollywoodizing" teh crap out of it. That's the Norse pagan in me talking. Probably won't even go see it because of that, especially after seeing that cast, except Hopkins. Just about any story from the Edda's would make great movies. No need to mix it with cartoons.

My

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Yea I'm pumped for Ironman 2, looks to be even better than the first. I think Cheadle is a better actor than Howard, but I would have had them rather keep the same actor continuously but whatever I've almost already forgot about him. It seems they had legitimate reasons to part ways with him.

Capt America movie sounds like it would be awesome, definitely excited to see that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts