Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a fun game to play, especially when it's just a spur of the moment thing.

It's laid out like this, you're walking down the street, you see somebody else coming down towards you.

Now, at this point there's plenty of space for either one of you to move to the side, but you decide to push on.
You look at your opponent, formerly this complete stranger, and the battle begins.

You see his feet shuffle quicker and you do the same, not to be intimidated by his "Big bark but no bite" technique. Your technique is that of steely determination and pure adrenaline.

By this time, eye contact has been somewhat fleeting, but once you get down to the crucial few seconds, you can see the whites of their eyes. Do you blink? Do you flinch? Do you move out of the way and allow him to step on that patch of sidewalk otherwise known as your dignity?

Losing is not an option, and with that same steely gaze and furrowed brow, he sees his defeat. He slinks away, only narrowly missing your shoulder from impact.

You put your arms back to your sides from their once winged and eagle like position, and blink a few times to clear your dry eyes.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Ah man I love doing this with the brothers of Illadelphia. Psyche you try that past 40th street and you'll get stabbed.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frickfrock99
View Post

What's your record?
I'm currently undefeated

9 people defeated, 4 people crashed into.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I used to live on South street.
Trust me, it just adds to the challenge

South Street's bush league compared to walking around 45th and Market.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
try that in portland, and someone will a) politely move to the side or b) run you over with their bicycle.
Or C. Lose the game to stop you for change

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilyn
View Post

This is why OT needs a rep button.
I am amused.

Just do it anyway, it's not hard.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
How wide are the sidewalks where you people live? Sidewalks in Canada are wide enough for 2 people and people actually walk on the right side.

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkknight512 View Post
How wide are the sidewalks where you people live? Sidewalks in Canada are wide enough for 2 people and people actually walk on the right side.
They're fairly skinny.
But I will say this, not as skinny as the sidewalks in Paris, those are like toothpicks.

A game of Sidewalk Chicken there would undoubtedly result in pregnancy.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Quote:

View Post

They're fairly skinny.
But I will say this, not as skinny as the sidewalks in Paris, those are like toothpicks.

A game of Sidewalk Chicken there would undoubtedly result in pregnancy.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts