Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work as a checkout chick in a supermarket, so I get lots of time to chat to people while I work, which is always lovely

Anyway, I was working on Saturday and a woman came in and complimented me on the ironing of my shirt. I thanked her and continued to scan her shopping, when she said "Bet you didn't iron it yourself".

It felt so good to be able to say "Yes, I actually did"

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTL?

I like being a checkout chick. I got called a "ray of sunshine" on the same day. Was quite strange really...

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never once said "happy".

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
I can´t believe she said that after complimenting you. I bet you felt like saying something else in reply, but when dealing with the public you have to bite your tongue a bit. For every customer like that there will be another one come along that´ll pick your enthusiasm straight back up.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
I live for comfort..I have no problem walking around in public with holes in my jeans and baggy t-shirts...yes I still take pride in the way I look but in other areas...my hair is groomed and I make sure I look decent but other than that I enjoy wearing what i wear.

When I'm uniform, however, it's an entirely different story

·
Banned
127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Magix
View Post

I live for comfort..I have no problem walking around in public with holes in my jeans and baggy t-shirts...yes I still take pride in the way I look but in other areas...my hair is groomed and I make sure I look decent but other than that I enjoy wearing what i wear.

When I'm uniform, however, it's an entirely different story

Yep, except I don't have a uniform

I dress fly when the need arises, and have a couple of tight outfits

But I'm all good with a baggy t-shirt and pants hanging round my knees

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
All of my casual clothes are the crappiest tshirts, jeans, etc. But when it's time to clean up, I go to work. All brand name shirts, ties, suits, shoes, tuxes, etc.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Magix View Post
This. It's better to be comfortable and feel great than to dress in what is considered "fashionable" today and feel like you're wearing someone else's skin (so to speak).

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I have a wide area of style...i had baggy shirts and jeans, to boot cups and proper collar shirts, I even have some skinny jeans and a couple band tees.
I also have 2 suits
one for weddings, other for the upscale party/meeting.

To be honest, skinny jeans and a band tee is one of my favorite outfits, its just comfortable and I feel fine. Baggy is right behind with, with suits/shorts making me feel like crap.

·
Banned
8,805 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAF View Post
I work as a checkout chick in a supermarket, so I get lots of time to chat to people while I work, which is always lovely

Anyway, I was working on Saturday and a woman came in and complimented me on the ironing of my shirt. I thanked her and continued to scan her shopping, when she said "Bet you didn't iron it yourself".

It felt so good to be able to say "Yes, I actually did"

I don't get it? You're are a chick, so of course you are going to do the ironing? j/k

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelirrojo View Post
I worked at CVS for 3 years and I think I washed my shirt maybe twice. Ironing? Pfffffffffff....
That's just disgusting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by manifest3r View Post
...you're a girl?

anyways, good job
No... I use the term "checkout chick" loosely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
This. It's better to be comfortable and feel great than to dress in what is considered "fashionable" today and feel like you're wearing someone else's skin (so to speak).
An ironed shirt is heaps more comfortable than an unironed one.

I'm not a girl? Where'd that come from...

Also, mr soft, it wasn't said insultingly. It was more of a friendly challenge the way she said it. I didn't feel insulted, especially cause I had ironed it myself

jtypin, agreed, skinny jeans and a tshirt is comfy as.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAF View Post
That's just disgusting...

No... I use the term "checkout chick" loosely.

An ironed shirt is heaps more comfortable than an unironed one.

I'm not a girl? Where'd that come from...

Also, mr soft, it wasn't said insultingly. It was more of a friendly challenge the way she said it. I didn't feel insulted, especially cause I had ironed it myself

jtypin, agreed, skinny jeans and a tshirt is comfy as.
You specifically said "checkout chick." What are you, transgender? There's no reason to call yourself that if you're male.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grmnasasin0227 View Post
You specifically said "checkout chick." What are you, transgender? There's no reason to call yourself that if you're male.
I think that mislead about 98% of the people who read this thread.

LAF, you do know what "chick" means, right? And this is the internet, we aren't penis detectors. Words are all you've got.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am fortunate enough to not have to give a damn how I look for work since I work from home. My wardrobe consists of workout shorts and white t's.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used it loosely...

You just would've been confused if I'd said "Service Cashier"...

It's a colloquialism that is applied to both males and females here, not in the US?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts