Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been doing work experience at a computer/audio/visual place. knew a lot about computers already, but i got to work a hp server with dual xeons and 146gb sas drives. those drives are worth about $1000 aud each

I learned how to change a panel on an LCD TV
as well as how to install eftpos machines and the like.

In the invoicing software they use at this place, they get a lot of user errors. There's entries in there for PEBKAC errors on customer's invoices

so yeah i loved it. anyone else had good experience at work experience?

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
I work at my college in the IT department. I get to play with a lot of really cool gadgets and set up projectors and computers for events and classrooms. For the really big events (school held concerts etc) the speakers are very expensive and I get to set them up ^^.

I love my job

·
Registered
594 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by justarealguy View Post
I work at my college in the IT department. I get to play with a lot of really cool gadgets and set up projectors and computers for events and classrooms. For the really big events (school held concerts etc) the speakers are very expensive and I get to set them up ^^.

I love my job

Rutgers or Monmouth University?

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killabytes View Post

I stare at rows and rows of these all day.

Needs better cable management.

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
I've tons of great work experience, just not in the IT/tech field.

If you think it's great now, wait til you gain a skillset far beyond your years and you see what people start offering you salary-wise. It's probably average for your working man, but for a college student, well,

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Needs better cable management.

LOL

We hired an outside company to do all the cable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts