Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all ...

My retailer just put the price of the HAF-X to around $300 and I have had to look at other options ...

Is the Raven 02-E worth it ?? ... How does it compare to the CM 690 ii Advanced and the more expensive Corsair 600T

How will cable management be for a Corsair TX650W ...

My problem is that my new monitor is not gonna happen for longer than expected and I am worried that I can't fit a DVI-VGA converter and the VGA cable under that "top" grill ...

All information regarding this case would be much appreciated ...

Regards.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Case wise, the RV 02E is one of the best air cooling cases out there. Corsairs cases have all been negative air pressure cases, which really is not that good for air. Their cases have however, been very good for water cooling.

Cable management wise, it's a little tight behind the back, but shouldn't be an issue if you take a little time.

I'd definitely get it over a CM 690II. The 600t is great build quality and space, but honestly not a very good air cooler.

Adapter wise, a standard solid DVI to VGA adapter won't fit, but if you use one with a cable in btwn the ends, it'll work fine.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Raven 02 doesn't compare to the 690 II and 600T. It beats them easily. Cable management is a bit messy with the small space on the back of the MB, and I'll advice you to get some SATA-extenders as the distance from the PSU is a bit long. It is also quite heavy compared to the 690 II and watercooling is out of the book. Cable management is no problem, there's a lot of spare room for cables under the PSU mount.

This is coming from a former owner of the RV02.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I love my RV02-EW, cable management is easy. However you won't be able to fit your converters with the cover on I'm afraid dude, you will need a proper cable. If you want to see how they look when cable managed - check my sig link.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smo
View Post

However you won't be able to fit your converters with the cover on I'm afraid dude, you will need a proper cable.

This is a problem as my retailer does not have DVI-VGA cables and my new monitor isn't due until late next year ...

What towers are good for the same price as the raven 02 ...

How much to short will my sata cables be for the raven ??

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
If I can do some awesome cable management with an Antec 300 then you can do it with the raven.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts