Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
lololol
4,371 Posts
it's not fixed. it just masks it. the data from the sensor itself still has the same jitter but if you decrease the sampling rate you see less noise. e.g. if you have a super low rate all you draw are perfectly straight lines.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but it's masked beyond the point which I can notice it, and probably the vast majority of humans. The distinction is purely semantic.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordie View Post

True, but it's masked beyond the point which I can notice it, and probably the vast majority of humans. The distinction is purely semantic.
So what are you trying to tell us with that? Real world feel of any mouse I've ever used has been superior at 500hz and up.

If the abyssus has so much jitter it feels bad on 500hz, then that's not so good for the mouse :/

edit: P.S. my mouse also has some of that, but it's not exactly noticeable to me.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
bit off topic maybe, but how are the abyssus 1800 and abyssus 3500? are they worth getting?
or is jitter a risk on all models and should i just avoid this mouse alltogether?
(the reason i ask is because i'm looking for some light/small mice and these two happen to be available locally)

edit: in case it matters, i'm talking about the older 3500 version, not the '14 re-launch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts