Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 701 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Interesting. Dimensions are smaller than the Taipan and says 80g without cable. Weird they would brand it the Abyssus with a completely different shape though.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmr1 View Post

Interesting. Dimensions are smaller than the Taipan and says 80g without cable. Weird they would brand it the Abyssus with a completely different shape though.
I don't think the Abyssus shape was very good. They probably wanted to replace it. I guess this is the rest of the world's version of the krait 2013?

·
Registered
842 Posts
The shape is interesting.

3310 sensor so they've come to their senses and stopped with the 9800 for at least one product.

No side buttons kills it for me personally though, but it should be a quality product.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
nice find, very interesting. a little disappointed that there aren't any side buttons... but 80g sounds nice...

it says 60-120in/sec but a lot of manufactuers seem to go low on that number for some reason. i don't know why.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post

nice find, very interesting. a little disappointed that there aren't any side buttons... but 80g sounds nice...

it says 60-120in/sec but a lot of manufactuers seem to go low on that number for some reason. i don't know why.
I think that's what the 3.5G's spec was too on PCS.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
I was checking Razer's facebook to see if they added any more information and I was once again reminded why most mice are released the way they are and why we can't have nice things. Only three hours after it was posted people are complaining about how low the DPI is and that it doesn't have a weight system. Apparently $50 is too much money because those "features" are missing.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Hey! Go Razer. I'm not a three button mouse guy, but if they can put out a nice three button ambi mouse with a solid sensor, then that's one step in the right direction. Hopefully the l337 gamer douche masses don't give them too much crap for it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looking at the product page it doesn't mention anything about onboard memory. I hope this means that they'll be shipping it with the updated firmware to reduce jitter... but after the "Mirror" refresh that didn't seem to fix the problem I won't raise my hopes too high.

The other thing that worries me is that Razer released the PCBang Deathadder which appeared to contain the 3G sensor, but didn't perform half as well as the original Deathadder. Hopefully in the new Abyssus they haven't used the 3.5G and cheaped out on the other internals.

That said if they've got it right then this is an absolute winner.

·
Mouse reviewer
3,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroblob View Post

Looking at the product page it doesn't mention anything about onboard memory. I hope this means that they'll be shipping it with the updated firmware to reduce jitter... but after the "Mirror" refresh that didn't seem to fix the problem I won't raise my hopes too high.

The other thing that worries me is that Razer released the PCBang Deathadder which appeared to contain the 3G sensor, but didn't perform half as well as the original Deathadder. Hopefully in the new Abyssus they haven't used the 3.5G and cheaped out on the other internals.

That said if they've got it right then this is an absolute winner.
They won't be using the 3.5G DA/older Abyssus sensor, of course I don't know for sure but it would not make sense. Seing that the A3090 is EOL the even older Razer specific variants are probably too. I'd guess they have something like the DA 2013 sensor with reduced specs or something like that.

·
Registered
756 Posts
1 - 20 of 701 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.