Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT: Nobody honestly posts here =-p
could jump on THIS combo deal now and get rid of my razer barracuda set, but the question is, would I see a sound improvement from my set? Also, another reason is that I cant get my set to work at anything better than 2.1 (2 speakers, one on each ear), and I have BURNING ears after wearing them for a while. I'm saving over 80$ AND free shipping with both items adding up to over 45, and then 40$ extra off!

Also, I should mention i listen to music WHENEVER I'm on the computer, and when I'm not doing that I'm watching youtube videos or gaming. Hearing people around corners and positionally is a MUST

EDIT: THIS COMMENT IS MAKING ME EXCITED!!!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826158081
CLICK ON FIRST [email protected][email protected][email protected]!

(for you lazy people, I'll quote him here: "Pros: Extremely Comfortable , Microphone quality is excellent , Sound quality when matched with a Creative X-FI Titanium is excellent as well. I'm just amazed at how comfortable these things are! I'm Coming from a pair of Razer Barracuda HP-1's and I thought those were good. That was a disappointment when I put these on for the first time"

ALSO: Post other audio suggestions for under 200$ please (headset and sound card)

·
Registered
196 Posts
i have had the barracuda combo and think its junk. the sound card sounds decent enough but is featureless, the headset sounds horrible, zero bass, mismatched drivers, quality issues.
the combo you linked to- the sound card is decent, but i would stay away from creative labs headsets. they generally sound better than most headsets (but worse than comparably priced headphones), but have a lot of quality issues. they break a lot in other words.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but I have also heard that like 80% of razer barracudas break in the first month and about 100% break in the first 3 or so months, and apparently I take good care of them by never dropping them, because they lasted me about 2 years. If I don't drop them, do you mean like internal damage or something like no audio?

The reason i was looking at this deal is that it's about 100$ off, and after i sell my ac-1 and hp-1, I'll only spend a few dollars

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
none. don't get that sound card or those cheap headphones. sorry, but I had to say it. get an auzentech forte if you HAVE to have pci-e. pci sound cards sound better and are usally cheaper. i reccomened the auzentech prelude.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where should I get the prelude from, and also, what headphones should I get?

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Prelude
HD555

there are probally cheaper places to get both, and I think there are a few preludes for sale for around $100-$150 in the for sale section. Yuo should check there.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also, should I get like a cheap clip on mic from somewhere also? Any recommendations? BTW, +REP for your help =-)

EDIT: I just can't afford this, about 100$ or so short, I guess I'll just have to deal with sore ears and bad quality sound lol

If i find a prelude for 100$ i could do it though =-p. Can't find any in the for sale section

·
Registered
592 Posts
Lol, barring exceptions of hardware failure, users who have problems with the Razer Barracuda HP-1/AC-1 are suffering from some severe PEBKAC. I have both, and as long as you manage to set them up properly, they'll treat you right. Having 5.1 audio for music, movies, and games is wonderful. As far as comfortability, the HP-1 headset can get a little uncomfortable when the inner plastic presses against your ears after a few hours, but that can be solved with a little padding placed inside the earmuff.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sekigahara
View Post

Having 5.1 audio for music, movies, and games is wonderful.

Exactly. Via the cheaper and better Asus Xonar soundcard series with Dolby Headphone + stereo headphones. Far better. I've converted a couple of former HP-1 owners to some better stereo headphones and they have nothing but thnaks (one from HP-1 --> Denon D2000 = lol, awesomeness).

2 (2x1) quality drivers > 10 (2x5) POS ones.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sekigahara View Post
Lol, barring exceptions of hardware failure, users who have problems with the Razer Barracuda HP-1/AC-1 are suffering from some severe PEBKAC. I have both, and as long as you manage to set them up properly, they'll treat you right. Having 5.1 audio for music, movies, and games is wonderful. As far as comfortability, the HP-1 headset can get a little uncomfortable when the inner plastic presses against your ears after a few hours, but that can be solved with a little padding placed inside the earmuff.
1. I have padding inside the muffs, both ways they hurt.
2. In the razer barracuda ac-1 driver program, i can select the positional audio helicopter and I can't hear things directly behind me.
3. I can mute like 5 o the 7 speakers in 7.1, and I still hear nothing different, meaning all they are is 2.1 speakers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts