Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Banned
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
removable DPI clutch
same sensor as dae it seems 16k

https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-basilisk?utm_source=Razer_Social_Media&utm_medium=smlink_US_launch&utm_campaign=basilisk_launch

looks to be a very premium scroll wheel, AND it's adjustable tension on the bottom
"With your personalized sensitivity, you will be able to more accurately perform bunny hops, weapon selects, zeroing and other scroll wheel actions."

who the hell uses scroll wheel to zero in in pubg anyways, not sure if that's even bindable but ok, i guess i will try using it when it comes, because the dae scroll wheel is garbage and i don't rely on it for weapon switching in qc at all

dpi button is removable, very upfront so not intruding the space as other old designs, BUT it still takes chunk of space off what would otherwise be a big side grip that looks like the similar design of that wireless mouse they released not few ago which name i can't even remember cus it just looks so cheap chinese knockoff brandish

also individual 1 2 buttons on the top shell with insanely thin dust lines, not sure if that will help with problems people report about designs such as steelseries 310 with huge gaps

Approximate weight 107 g / 0.24 lbs (Excluding cable)

erm..what

the skirt below the left grip tho (technically they are the same piece) can't be removed tho... the right side is your average ergo look, the side buttons on the left align perfectly with the button 1 and 2 gap, i like the design, will buy 10/10

70 bucks

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Seperate buttons from shell. A step in the right direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrill View Post

Approximate weight 107 g / 0.24 lbs (Excluding cable)

erm..what
Practically a regular 6-button mouse, so why...?
Quote:

70 bucks

·
Registered
2,258 Posts

Lol guys, what were we thinking buying all these mice from Logitech and SteelSeries and stuff, when we could have gotten the MOST advanced FPS gaming mouse ever made? And they pulled it off in a single day! Just how does Razer do it? The world may never know...

STOP IT, RAZER. THAT'S NOT WHAT IT MEANS.

·
Banned
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
razer hater triggered (1/1)

for the extra left skirt and removable dpi piece and the wheel resistence adjust scroll? on the bottom(does that even NOT scratch the mouse pads.......) and split button design they are asking 10 bucks more than 310, with NO sensor improvement since nearly a year ago when we've already had owl eye and ..erm what the cluck* it'ts called again 1:1, in fact i just got my sensei today gonna unbox now..

oh right,the lancehead, now i remember it also launched a te, so that was the sensei 310, now they are releasing the rival 310 but with more feature. smart move colin

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Quote:

razer hater triggered (1/1)
Yes, I am.

inb4 the reason it's called Basilisk is because it's unbearable to look at...

Edit: worthy 900th post ^-^

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Could it be? Has the king returned to his throne?

·
Banned
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also i need to understand something, what in the world is a fps mouse anymore? in the past it was like erm any big ergo mouse, you know like ie, but then of course the counterpart io users and of course zowie always had their am vs ec evo, that was all years before the fk hype years ago

because of the fk hype people were like oh right suddenly ambi mouse which are obviously naturally tighter than ergo mouse in general are for fps, and suddenly it's like smaller mice that used to be all rts and moba are also fps mouse too, and with rival dota 2 edition and faker promoting dae it's like big mouse are for moba too....but then especially with rival 310 and now this it's like oh wait we are back to big ergo mouse =fps mouse king,

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Whatever is comfortable for your hand and light enough for you to not break your wrist flicking, that also doesn't fail from the fast flicks of your sensitivity is an FPS mouse.
wink.gif

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mouse looks interesting but I've never used a mouse with a thumb rest before. Not sure if I'll like it. I'll wait for reviews first. QUICK! Someone buy it and review it lol

·
Registered
755 Posts
107g. Cute toy.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
These are the sole necessary criteria for an FPS mouse:

1. weight
2. shape
3. sensor

The following criteria do not factor into the excellence of an FPS mouse:

a. RBG lighting
b. marketing
c. "DPI" race
Quote:

also i need to understand something, what in the world is a fps mouse anymore? in the past it was like erm any big ergo mouse, you know like ie, but then of course the counterpart io users and of course zowie always had their am vs ec evo, that was all years before the fk hype years ago

because of the fk hype people were like oh right suddenly ambi mouse which are obviously naturally tighter than ergo mouse in general are for fps, and suddenly it's like smaller mice that used to be all rts and moba are also fps mouse too, and with rival dota 2 edition and faker promoting dae it's like big mouse are for moba too....but then especially with rival 310 and now this it's like oh wait we are back to big ergo mouse =fps mouse king,
http://www.overclock.net/t/1635287/brachistochrone-aim/0_100

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpedingMadness View Post

I'll wait somebody to make a mouse called Sword of Gryffindor
"Introducing the Roccat Excalibur..."

·
Banned
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so i just finished setting up my sensei,
some problems that the dae/lancehead te don't and basilisk won't have that rival/sensei 310 has

no light intensity adjust, i didn't bother adjusting the colors for a lighter touch, my mx6.0 has 100 steps of intensity, get on the level, even cherry knows rgb better kek, with just one color

no but seriously a few days/weeks ago they announced 5,0 with similar build quality it looks to 6.0 no more of that apple bullcrap of 8,0 and 2010ish logi toy gimmick of 9.0

no calibration whatsocluckingever, without installing se i didn't notice lod being high with areson, but after installing instantly noticed very high raise, after finished setting up and then install firmware update it auto crashed my pc without really having told me it would retart at all or asked me to restart manually options

but now it doesn't say firmware update in the gear choice

also why have popup for different gear? f f s ss

i can adjust if it start with pc in the program, that's nice, i don't recall if razer does that but i just checked and i haven't found the option so i had to use 3rd party pc tools.

but i've noticed that opening up pc with razer synapse and then go to gaming closing it don't reset the lod choice i MINed

i've yet to try this with SEngine3, i really don't bother now but I WILL LATER

also i noticed after installing the areson test is also noticably more gittery when it used to be more perfect

it's funny i recall that's exactly the same feeling i had when i first got dae...

i can't uninstall that firmware that don't even tell me exactly what it does, WHY WOULD YOU NOT SHIP IT STOCK WITH THE LATEST? oh right cus you are still fixing it after launch
?? epic fail much ss? better not introduce more bug and less perf?

pros:
everything is nicer to the touch but keep in mind i armoured my dae with hotline rubbers week1. the wheels tho can't be armoured and it does has a much more affirmative scroll registration. would love that in qc. also lower profile so even better, and no lame spikes, but instead patterns

speaking of patterns, side grip pattern is suspiciously the same design concept only 2d and much simpler than OVERWERK STATE

just google that , it's on instagram

or i can just

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I don't really think "FPS" mouse ever had any meaning really other than maybe having a high enough PCS, but a lot of people ignore that too when it comes to MLT04 mice.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1spe View Post

I don't really think "FPS" mouse ever had any meaning really other than maybe having a high enough PCS, but a lot of people ignore that too when it comes to MLT04 mice.
I don't think we even need the category anymore tbh, what with the tech we have now. Companies putting the 3360 in everything now lol. Now an FPS mouse is just like a simplistic, lighter mouse, and a good sensor is a given. The only other obvious classification I can think of is MOBA/RTS; sensor doesn't matter, lots of buttons, etc.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts