Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
High Clocker
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Razer Blackwidow Chroma 2 to replace me really old school Mechanical keyboard from back in early 2000s.
Playing games on it is near imposiable and it had what I thought was the getting stuck on keys bug that a google search found.
I did the firmware update and it made no difference. What I have found to be the the cause is they keys are way to sensitive.

My old mechanical keyboard would happily support the weight of my hand and didnt register keys until they were 3/4 way down.
This new keyboard I dont even have to press the keys for it to register the button. Just grazing the key will make it act as if its being pressed.
Just typing out this post iv had to go back and delete double letters from almost every word iv typed.

Ill just take a video now to show what I mean.
https://youtu.be/-K8la6MVBaM

Is there any fix for this?

·
KEYBOARD KONNOISSEUR
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgjet View Post

Just picked up a Razer Blackwidow Chroma 2 to replace me really old school Mechanical keyboard from back in early 2000s.
Playing games on it is near imposiable and it had what I thought was the getting stuck on keys bug that a google search found.
I did the firmware update and it made no difference. What I have found to be the the cause is they keys are way to sensitive.

My old mechanical keyboard would happily support the weight of my hand and didnt register keys until they were 3/4 way down.
This new keyboard I dont even have to press the keys for it to register the button. Just grazing the key will make it act as if its being pressed.
Just typing out this post iv had to go back and delete double letters from almost every word iv typed.

Ill just take a video now to show what I mean.
https://youtu.be/-K8la6MVBaM

Is there any fix for this?
Something seems wrong, but then again it is Razer. I would return it if I were you and look into getting something like a CM MasterKeys Pro or Ducky.

Razer has really gone downhill with they keyboards over the last years. My 2012 BlackWidow was amazing, but that's because they used genuine MX Cherry switches and stabilizers and not super cheap keys. Now, they use proprietary everything and its all super cheap junk thrown together with the Razer name and marketing.

You most likely want to get a tactile switch also. MX Browns are probably the favorites or MX Blues which are the ones with the annoying "click". (to each their own). MX Reds are completely linear and have a less actuation force to activate them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts