Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at these two keyboard. I'm ordering all of my parts during Thanksgiving. Wanted to know if I should get the BlackWindow or Ultimate version over the DasKeyboard Professional. Thanks in advance (i know that the das silent has cherry mx brown which is the best but 1's a gaming keyboard).

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'll pick the razer since it's a cheaper mech but the das might win in build quality, I don't own either but either one, you should be happy

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Build quality. I'm aware of the letters or numbers disappearing on the das. I will be carful about that.

·
Gone
8,730 Posts
Just a warning: Both of those boards are fingerprint and dust magnets.

Are you sure you're not interested in anything else? ;p

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
I have the Model S professional. Can you give links to both for comparison?

Edit: NVM get the DAS.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
The browns are better than the blues for gaming once you get used to the light key weight. Actually it's a very small difference, but the "double tap" is more precise on the browns, which can be important for RTS or old school Unreal Tournament.

As for the keyboard itself, I like the look of the Das slightly more. The Razer is a bit too tacky looking for my tastes. That look works for a mouse, but I don't know... I'd rather have a "solid" looking keyboard like the Das or G15 on my desk.

Blue vs brown is impossible to answer, people are split down the middle on preferences. When I finally upgrade this M1 I'll be ordering one of each switch and keep the one I like most

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am also considering the cherry browns as well like the das silent pro but my main concern are the multimedia keys, I cant live without them. My question is are there any software out there that allow you to macro keys from the das keyboard to control the play pause and volume control? Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
Yeah Autohotkey is what I use. Can do just about anything with that program.
Thanks! I checked on the description it can macro volume control. How bout play pause and stop? Thanks

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm getting a Belkin N52TE because of the features it has, on the fly macro recording, 4 keys that are positioned perfectly for the arrow keys, miniature removable joystick, etc. It's a really nice advanced game pad. I still don't know. The Das is winning. Its about $10 bucks more for Cherry MX Browns. I think I'll go with the Das. I had this post because I'm the type of person who likes as much as I can from 1 brand. Like Razer sells keyboard and mice and that tempts me to get their keyboard and mice. Stupid reason but thats why. I think its Das FTW right now.

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
I absolutely love my Das. The build quality is excellent on it! The only issue I have is that the glossy surface picks up dust and fingerprints easily, but other than that it's great!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
all you need is Novus it comes in kits or individual bottles all sizes. the kit comes with three bottles that polish, clean and remove scratches.

if it makes you feel better the natural build up of static electricity in rubber coatings attracts more dust than gloss.

<cue hitchcock music>

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The DasKeyboard Professional Model S Silent wins. Cherry MX Brown and great look makes it win. Now just for the mice. Check out my other post if you know a good mouse. R.A.T. 9 is winning so far for the mouse selection. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Overclocker/Gamer View Post
The DasKeyboard Professional Model S Silent wins. Cherry MX Brown and great look makes it win. Now just for the mice. Check out my other post if you know a good mouse. R.A.T. 9 is winning so far for the mouse selection. Thanks!
Exactly the same keyboard model as mine!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by r31ncarnat3d View Post
Exactly the same keyboard model as mine!

Can you post some pictures? I wanna see how it looks.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts