Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already own the control edition but it's the medium sized one, and I want to lower the sensitivity since I want to get more serius in cs go (quitting Cancer Of Duty for good now), but I was wondering which one would actually be better for fps, I've read many threads and everyone is 50-50 , some say that the speed edition has actually more grip, while others say that the control edition is less slippery and due to it it ruins the mouse feet. What do you guys think, which one should i get, speed or control??

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The control is actually faster than the speed because there is less surface area for your mouse feet to come into contact with. While the glide of the control is nice, as I'm sure you've found, the texture can make your aim inaccurate as your mouse feet get into the little ridges. This is why I think you see most serious players sponsored by Razer use the speed edition. I find the "speed" addition too sticky personally when you stop/start moving the mouse. Also, if your palm or pinky hang off the mouse, your skin will stick to it as well. I've had both over the years, I think they're both okay at best.

To me QCK and Zowie pads are a much better mix of speed/control. If on a budget go QCK /Glorious/Roccat, nicer pad go Zowie/Artisan.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I've been getting irritated skin from the control surface when I had it briefly. if your hand has skin contact with the mouse mat while moving the mouse due to your posture/grip, go for the speed one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfoxii View Post

I have both and the control is alot slower than the speed. Dont trust them. Its one of the slowest pads on the market.

http://imgur.com/8U4WGjZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-rCKUrgwdQ
actually depends on mice, my deathadder is slower on the control version while my roccat kone pure military is way to fast on the control I literally cant control it, it flies, and it was the same for my ex logitech g502, so I assume that on the control version are slower only the razer gaming mice, or some other too, i have the logitech g240 cloth mouse pad and my kpm has a lot of grip on it, while the DA chroma is way to fast on it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivan View Post

I've been getting irritated skin from the control surface when I had it briefly. if your hand has skin contact with the mouse mat while moving the mouse due to your posture/grip, go for the speed one.
I love teh control but I can't use it. If I play too much with it, like 3-4 hours/day it will literally make my wrists skin bleed. I prefer qck heavy over the control btw. Also if you want to be serious about csgo, you should have low enough sens to do 25cm/360 and lower, making a larger mousepad nessecary.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viowastaken View Post

Completely and wholeheartedly disagree. Control is significantly less friction and less slow than the "speed". Particularly for the small movements.
i have a Castor, G303, Deathadder, G900, G502, Kone Pure and a EC2-A and all of them have a lot more friction on the Control. I dont know what you guys feel, even the testvideo i posted says the same.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Quote:

i have a Castor, G303, Deathadder, G900, G502, Kone Pure and a EC2-A and all of them have a lot more friction on the Control. I dont know what you guys feel, even the testvideo i posted says the same.
My friend, I have a humiliating amount of mice, upwards of 25. I have both the goliathus control and speed, and I've worn through several pairs of them both. The control feels significantly faster and less mushy than the speed. Particularly for micro adjustments, the speed feels slower, soggier and mushier. It also wears out within a week, at least to where the center part that is most used feels completely different from the less used areas of the pad. The Control is infinitely more consistent and resilient to wear.

I don't see how tilting a surface with the mouse sliding down it is a valuable measurement of glide, unless you move your mouse around using mind control.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dont know about the new editions but the original speed was probably one of the best mouse pads I used, and it was definitely slower than the control edition. I would buy another one but I refuse to have that huge razer logo on it.

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
AFAIK the original versions the speed was slower and the control was faster

I never used the control though - speed was good for about a year then it became too slow and had to be replaced - I stopped buying after they covered the entire mousepad is stupid logo crap; it probably affected tracking on the sensors back then too

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viowastaken View Post

My friend, I have a humiliating amount of mice, upwards of 25. I have both the goliathus control and speed, and I've worn through several pairs of them both. The control feels significantly faster and less mushy than the speed. Particularly for micro adjustments, the speed feels slower, soggier and mushier. It also wears out within a week, at least to where the center part that is most used feels completely different from the less used areas of the pad. The Control is infinitely more consistent and resilient to wear.

I don't see how tilting a surface with the mouse sliding down it is a valuable measurement of glide, unless you move your mouse around using mind control.
I have the new version of Goliathus Speed, should I consider swapping for Goliathus control? I've been experiencing what you're describing here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivage View Post

I have the new version of Goliathus Speed, should I consider swapping for Goliathus control? I've been experiencing what you're describing here.
Why are you asking if you should change it? If you do not feel it's right for you, change it, simple as that
wink.gif

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

IDK how and why you're g502 and roccat kone pure feel slower on the control, but for me it's not like that, when I was playing with my g502 on the logitech g240 I had grip, it wasn't glidying much, but with the control the g502 was flying, and the same goes for my roccat kone pure, while for my old g400 and my DA chroma is the opposite, they glide less on the control, while on the logitech g240 they have less grip, but they don't glide to much to have those uncontrallable movements. So as I said before, it might actually come down to mouse and mouse feet, some mice glide more on control version and some glide more on speed version

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinNeXuS View Post

IDK how and why you're g502 and roccat kone pure feel slower on the control, but for me it's not like that, when I was playing with my g502 on the logitech g240 I had grip, it wasn't glidying much, but with the control the g502 was flying, and the same goes for my roccat kone pure, while for my old g400 and my DA chroma is the opposite, they glide less on the control, while on the logitech g240 they have less grip, but they don't glide to much to have those uncontrallable movements. So as I said before, it might actually come down to mouse and mouse feet, some mice glide more on control version and some glide more on speed version
Well its my 6th Contol an my 3rd Speed. I use thr G502 with the G640 witch is the same as the G240. I cant use this mouse with the Goli Control its just too heavy for the slow surface. I use the Control for light weight mice and the speed/G640/QCK heavy for the mice with more weight. Its just too slow for me if i have a heavy mouse.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Well its my 6th Contol an my 3rd Speed. I use thr G502 with the G640 witch is the same as the G240. I cant use this mouse with the Goli Control its just too heavy for the slow surface. I use the Control for light weight mice and the speed/G640/QCK heavy for the mice with more weight. Its just too slow for me if i have a heavy mouse.
Hmmm weird, anyways I'm still not sure which mouse pad to buy XD.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivage View Post

I can vouch for the consistency of glide being infinitely better on the control. The only reason I'm not using it right now is because I find the design with the big green logo completely repulsive. I'm seriously intending to buy black dye and color the thing pitch black.

I haven't found a single smooth weave mousepad that can keep it's consistency of glide over time. Even the ones that feel good for the first couple of hours of use wear out very very quickly. The puretrak talent, Zowie GTF-X and goliathus speed all deserve critique for this weakness. I can't believe it isn't a more common complaint.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also have both .

As mentioned by other members before, the speed edition is a grease-dead-skin-goo MAGNET. It will lose it's glide in a matter of weeks.

The control is a lot more consistant, for months . And i actually feel i can control the mouse better on it, mostly because you can feel the ridges ever so slightly .

As for glide, when they are both new, the smooth is slightly faster, i guess. But as mentioned, that'll only last for a very short while

1 - 20 of 42 Posts