Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the Razer Ironclad mousepad a few days ago and to my surprise the fine coating started to peel off just after a few days off use, leaving the bare aluminum behind which is not a good surface for your mouse. So the razer "elite" product failed miserably. Moral of the story Ironclad = fail. The packaging was nice though and Nokia n8 takes awesome pics

Edit [14/04/2011]: I though that I was the only one with the problem and that I was doing something wrong...however, there's 4 of us with the same problem...so obviously this is a fail on behalf of Razer...way to disappoint your customers...

On the more positive note I ordered Mionix Propus mousepad...and it should be here in a few days when I'll do a quick review and first impressions...

Same happened to user Toilet-Duck...so beware...

And it also happened to the Ronakbhai...so there's 3 of us so far...

And the 4th person...heartoftibet...

• Rep+
Reactions: qcktthfm1

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm not surprised. I never used to be on the Razer hate bandwagon until I started having issues with their ****ty build quality.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Must be the mouse. Must be transforming in the middle of the night and nomming your mousepad.

No, but seriously, I can't say I'm surprised.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Sucks about your mouse pad dude

But no one should ever buy Razer
it's one of my rules haha.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spanielcheckers
View Post

Must be the mouse. Must be transforming in the middle of the night and nomming your mousepad.

No, but seriously, I can't say I'm surprised.

Don't you touch my RAT...it makes me coffee and it also does sexual favors

Well I am disappointed in Razer that's for sure...they've lost a customer...not gonna buy anything from them...

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Give 'em a holler. Show them the pics and see if they will replace it with a different model. I've had zero issues with their mice, headsets, or pads.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah I won't go with Razer again...and I guess I'm not the only one...that's their problem not mine

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ever think about getting a soft pad? I used hard pads since I got my first Everglide way back in the day, but now I'm currently using a Steelseries Qck heavy (got one on the cheap via one of their store sales). Was using a SX before that - which is the Steelseries equivalent of the Ironclad. I think I prefer it over the hardpads now that I've gotten used to it. I want to check out a PureTrak pad next.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Razer used to be good... Now they've turned into complete, utter crap.

I still use a Krait from the old days, and boy does that feel nice.

No part of it feels cheap. None.
My Abyssus feels so much worse compared to the Krait; in terms of build quality.

·
Music Producer
4,860 Posts
lol, that sucks man. See if Razer will RMA it. xD

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Don't blame Razer. It's your stupid mouse. Your mouse isn't designed for proper friction on razer mouse pads. If you HAD a Razer Mouse then you would NEVER get a peeled mouse pad. I blame the mouse. You should have realized that. Can't believe you'd blame Razer for it. I blame you and your stupid mouse. It's a fact.

These mouse pads are DESIGNED for Razer mouses nothing else. I bet your mouse scratched it too much from heavy friction. You should have used something else besides the IronClad. Unless you did actually drop a drink on it or something causing it to weaken out?

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected];12774942
Don't blame Razer. It's your stupid mouse. Your mouse isn't designed for proper friction on razer mouse pads. If you HAD a Razer Mouse then you would NEVER get a peeled mouse pad. I blame the mouse. You should have realized that. Can't believe you'd blame Razer for it. I blame you and your stupid mouse. It's a fact.

These mouse pads are DESIGNED for Razer mouses nothing else. I bet your mouse scratched it too much from heavy friction. You should have used something else besides the IronClad. Unless you did actually drop a drink on it or something causing it to weaken out?
Are you trolling or being serious? Cause I can't tell. If you're not trolling (LOLRAZERCULTMEMBER) then I hope you find some help soon.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Quote:

Hahaha man you're a complete tool

Utter garbage spewing out of you

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfemaN;12772900
Give 'em a holler. Show them the pics and see if they will replace it with a different model. I've had zero issues with their mice, headsets, or pads.
I personly love razer. never had a problem with my mouse pad, lycosa, or my mamba. They'll replace it just call them.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Yep, actually I poured hydrochloric acid over it...that's it...are you being serious?...no you're not...coz you're a troll...or maybe you are...
Not_Sure_if_Serious-(n1292338719834).jpg

...anyhow teflon feet can't scratch it...there's no way...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Quote:

These mouse pads are DESIGNED for Razer mouses nothing else. I bet your mouse scratched it too much from heavy friction. You should have used something else besides the IronClad.?
I agree with this. OP, it seems like your mouse doesn't go well with the pad. Razer will probably refund your money. Personally, I've never had a problem with Razer products, but I'm not a fanboy either. In my opinion, Razer is as good as Logitech or Roccat when it comes to mice.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts