1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Razer Orochi V2 - Wireless - 108x60x38 mm 60g without battery
  • 60g without battery
  • Bluetooth and Razer Hyperspeed
  • 18.000 DPI Sensor (likely the same as the Razer Basilisk x Hyperspeed)
  • Second generation Razer Mechanical mouse switches (rated for 60 million clicks) essentially a modified Kailh GM 4.0 that were also being used in newer copies of the Razer Basilisk x Hyperspeed)
  • PTFE feet
  • Takes 2 replaceable AAA batteries ---------------------
  • 1000 hours battery life
from Razer Orochi V2 Mouse Preview | Mouse Pro

razer-orochi-v2-wireless-1-g305-alternative-2.png
razer-orochi-v2-wireless-1-g305-alternative-4.png

edit:

updated pre not official info:

• Battery design allows for use of 1AA or 1 AAA to power the mouse +++++++++++
  • 1000 hours battery life
The only question marks left are the exact dimensions weight and price. Although early indications are that it’ll retail for 80 Euros which is a bit above the pricepoint of the G305. A release date has been now confirmed showing a release date of April 27 which is stated on the pre-order page on Amazon Germany.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Two triple A's is a bit too much considering the G305 is only one with the foil mod, with that said, two tripple A's weight about 11g, which makes this mouse a 82g mouse.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not sure where the website got it's information from, but it's not accurate. It only works with 1 battery - either one AA or one AAA, not both at the same time.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,751 Posts
It only works with 1 battery - either one AA or one AAA, not both at the same time.
Who thought it was a GREAT idea to provide 2 battery spaces there?

Anyone logically would think that it needs 2 batteries to be installed like with 100% other devices in the world today. But not Razer Corp(se) whom simply provide 2 battery spaces just for fun and confusion.

:poop::poop::poop::poop:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anyone logically would think that it needs 2 batteries to be installed like with 100% other devices in the world today.
Like with Logitech G603?

Great idea ruined by heavy batteries...
Yeah, 7.6 grams is unbearably heavy. They should have put there non-replaceable battery which weighs three times more and gives you five times less battery life. And then when the battery finally dies you would throw it away with the mouse itself and buy a new one. That would have been so much better product but I guess people at Razer are just too stupid to figure it out.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,944 Posts
Who thought it was a GREAT idea to provide 2 battery spaces there?

Anyone logically would think that it needs 2 batteries to be installed like with 100% other devices in the world today. But not Razer Corp(se) whom simply provide 2 battery spaces just for fun and confusion.

:poop::poop::poop::poop:
It's fior convenience. You can choose to use a AA battery or a AAA battery. It's for your choice of how much weight is added. With the different battery choices out there, you can use a heavy alkaline AA or AAA, or a light lithium AA or AAA, etc.

·
Mehehe!
2,781 Posts
It's fior convenience. You can choose to use a AA battery or a AAA battery. It's for your choice of how much weight is added. With the different battery choices out there, you can use a heavy alkaline AA or AAA, or a light lithium AA or AAA, etc.
That makes it better then, just stock up on some AAA's.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The mouse could be even lighter with only one battery slot to begin with. If they want you to be able to use AA and AAA, they could include an adapter to AAA in the box.

Another weird design is having to remove the mouse buttons to change the batteries and collect the usb dongle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The mouse could be even lighter with only one battery slot to begin with. If they want you to be able to use AA and AAA, they could include an adapter to AAA in the box.
You realize that a battery slot is basically just empty space, right? For a weight sensitive user, a native AAA slot is lighter than using an adapter. (the weight of spring/contacts is barely over a gram).

·
Registered
541 Posts
You realize that a battery slot is basically just empty space, right? For a weight sensitive user, a native AAA slot is lighter than using an adapter. (the weight of spring/contacts is barely over a gram).
A gram you say? That is TOO god damn much... unacceptable!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Super hyped for this it looks perfect. I'm only worried about how snug the top will sit on the mouse. Like is it just a clip or magnets?

·
Registered
444 Posts
The whole cylinder plus the spring and metal contacts. It looks like a mandatory adapter build in... :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
updated battery and white version, date on release from amazon.de April 27

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Super hyped for this it looks perfect. I'm only worried about how snug the top will sit on the mouse. Like is it just a clip or magnets?
If it's the same as the Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed then it will use magnets and be a nice tight fit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
May I ask why that position of the sensor? I'll like to try because a lot of my wrist arc movements tend to create an "arc" on screen and this design could solved it. Still, it will probably need some adjustment on the sensitivity to match a more centered sensor.

Not hating it. Just curious =).
70 USD seems a quite heft price, G305 costs 56 USD here on Brazil and everything here is crazy expensive. Hope it will launch with a good price here.

·
Registered
78 Posts
May I ask why that position of the sensor? I'll like to try because a lot of my wrist arc movements tend to create an "arc" on screen and this design could solved it. Still, it will probably need some adjustment on the sensitivity to match a more centered sensor.
All past research says that the sensor position in itself does not affect performance - on average.

However, there is some research to indicate that on an individual level, the performance can improve marginally based on user's preference on sensor position. Since there's a lot of community chatter about forward sensor positioning being their more preferred option, we had some motivation to implement it on a mouse.

This was also helped by the fact that we wanted to use the more "central" space for the AA battery slot to help with mass centralization, leaving the front half as the most logical position to place the sensor (although it would have been possible to place it right under the battery with some mechanical complexity).

·
Registered
89 Posts
All past research says that the sensor position in itself does not affect performance - on average.

However, there is some research to indicate that on an individual level, the performance can improve marginally based on user's preference on sensor position. Since there's a lot of community chatter about forward sensor positioning being their more preferred option, we had some motivation to implement it on a mouse.

This was also helped by the fact that we wanted to use the more "central" space for the AA battery slot to help with mass centralization, leaving the front half as the most logical position to place the sensor (although it would have been possible to place it right under the battery with some mechanical complexity).
Very interesting! I already ordered one but will take a while to be here on Brazil. It seems it will officially launch here on july. This could be my new main!

I like to see new stuff so I'm happy with the decision about the sensor placement.

May I ask two more questions?

1- Does it have motion sync?
2- We'll ever have an 8kHz wireless mouse?

Thanks for the reply and congrats for the team!

·
Registered
78 Posts
1- Does it have motion sync?
2- We'll ever have an 8kHz wireless mouse?
1. No, that's only available on 3399 mice.
2. "Ever" is a really long time. Never say never, but it's not happening anytime soon. Currently, we have the fastest wireless transaction time of anyone, and even that takes 195us, which is well beyond the 125us required for "8000Hz" polling. Even 250us (so-called 4000Hz) is unlikely to work well anywhere outside the absolute perfect environments because there's no time left for channel hopping and redundancy.
I keep seeing people saying battery life as the reason, but that's not a technology limitation - just a matter of convenience if you get 20hr battery life vs 60hr battery life. Besides, we already have a wireless power delivery system (Hyperflux) to completely negate that issue anyways.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts