Overclock.net banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,752 Posts
However, there is some research to indicate that on an individual level, the performance can improve marginally based on user's preference on sensor position. Since there's a lot of community chatter about forward sensor positioning being their more preferred option, we had some motivation to implement it on a mouse.
Nice to see Razer wanting to follow the mainstream on sensor positioning. Very important, helps the cursor to actively shift on the screen with just a subtle flick.

This was also helped by the fact that we wanted to use the more "central" space for the AA battery slot to help with mass centralization, leaving the front half as the most logical position to place the sensor (although it would have been possible to place it right under the battery with some mechanical complexity).
I say DO IT. Put it all centrally (make it extremely balanced) then see how well the mouse is during frantic gaming sessions.

You've got to extend into new territory here by doing what Logitech is scared to do. Just cram as much detail into each design, that helps with operating your input device.

In the end, it should all be about providing a mouse that transcends beyond what's currently available on a Mouse Pad.

·
Registered
351 Posts
1. No, that's only available on 3399 mice.
2. "Ever" is a really long time. Never say never, but it's not happening anytime soon. Currently, we have the fastest wireless transaction time of anyone, and even that takes 195us, which is well beyond the 125us required for "8000Hz" polling. Even 250us (so-called 4000Hz) is unlikely to work well anywhere outside the absolute perfect environments because there's no time left for channel hopping and redundancy.
I keep seeing people saying battery life as the reason, but that's not a technology limitation - just a matter of convenience if you get 20hr battery life vs 60hr battery life. Besides, we already have a wireless power delivery system (Hyperflux) to completely negate that issue anyways.

So I absolutely love this thing. The shape is nearly perfect – it could be a few cm narrower, less width, but it feels great in my hand. Almost perfect. But I want to take a second to scold your marketing/branding team. When I go to the Razer website one of the first things I see is: “Mobile Wireless Gaming Mouse.” You have a product that feels better in my hand than one of Logitech’s flagship competitive gaming mice (G Pro Wireless). Show a little confidence in your small gaming mice. As a fingertip grip gamer, I don’t want to feel like I’m buying some me too Razer branded small mouse laptop gaming shovelware. It’s not an inferior product because it’s smaller and lighter. It’s nimble, agile, predacious, furious. Don’t brand it like the death adder’s kid brother. A Lamborghini isn’t inferior to big rig hauler because it’s smaller and lighter and it’s about time the big players in this industry start realizing that. I feel like you're shooting yourself in the foot with the way you're branding this mouse. Joe gamer is going to see that and go, "I don't want a mobile wireless mouse. I want a high-end gaming mouse."

·
Registered
89 Posts
1. No, that's only available on 3399 mice.
2. "Ever" is a really long time. Never say never, but it's not happening anytime soon. Currently, we have the fastest wireless transaction time of anyone, and even that takes 195us, which is well beyond the 125us required for "8000Hz" polling. Even 250us (so-called 4000Hz) is unlikely to work well anywhere outside the absolute perfect environments because there's no time left for channel hopping and redundancy.
I keep seeing people saying battery life as the reason, but that's not a technology limitation - just a matter of convenience if you get 20hr battery life vs 60hr battery life. Besides, we already have a wireless power delivery system (Hyperflux) to completely negate that issue anyways.
Thanks again for your reply and for the good info you'd shared! Now I'll wait my Orochi V2 to arrive, it should be here about next month~. Such a great and unexpected release!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts