Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Audio File
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Project Fiona. The only tablet in the world designed for PC Gaming. For more information visit: http://www.razerzone.com/projectfiona

Project Fiona is powered by Intel's 3rd generation Core i7 Ivy Bridge Processor. It can run PC Games right out of the box without the need for additional development, optimization, or porting. By default, it has the largest library of gaming content in the world. This isn't Angry Birds -- this is hardcore PC Gaming made mobile on a full-fledged PC Tablet.

The all-new hybrid interface combines a traditional gamepad with a multi-touch screen and accelerometers. We've even put in force-feedback. We can only imagine what game developers come up with. The potential for next-gen innovation with this unique interface is limitless. Audio is an integral part of the gaming experience. Project Fiona comes equipped with Dolby 7.1 and it's the only tablet to be certified by THX.

For more information, check out http://www.pcgamingisnotdead.com
Unveiled by Razer just seconds ago on their youtube page.

http://www.razerzone.com/projectfiona

·
4kfan
4,228 Posts
/Facepalm

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Limited to the on-die graphics too. Who knows though. At low resolutions and settings it might just be powerful enough to run things at 30fps (hopefully). Looks a little gimmicky

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Oh god... It's like if OnLive and Apple had an abortion.

NO THANK YOU.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Let me grab 2 PlayStation Move analog sticks, an ASUS Transformer, and some duck tape.

I'll pass on this without thinking twice. It looks like something that is destined to fail and receive no support for.

As much as I hate OnLive, I will admit the closest thing to "PC gaming on a portable device" will be it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Could be decent all depends on performance and price really. Razer are known for less than affordable products so I would expect this to be quite pricey, probably not going to be worth it like the switchblade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post

Let me grab 2 PlayStation Move analog sticks, an ASUS Transformer, and some duck tape.
I'll pass on this without thinking twice. It looks like something that is destined to fail and receive no support for.
As much as I hate OnLive, I will admit the closest thing to "PC gaming on a portable device" will be it.
This. On live is probably the best way to game on a portable device. You just need a fast connection.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Might be kinda cool if it's not ridiculously overpriced. Then you could be all like what now Apple iPad fanboys my tablet has an i7!!!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
i7 ivybridge in a tablet... actually that sounds pretty awesome, and as far as the IGPU it is getting an upgrade from the hd 3000 graphics, which isnt overly impressive no, but at lower settings/resolutions is more than capable of gaming. less power draw, more performance, improved IGPU, it seems like the perfect thing for a tablet, but for a portable gaming console maybe not, not so much in its abilities to deliver in its environment, but in razer's ability to compete with IPad PSP and DS.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juganot View Post

:S A 360 pad is almost essential to really enjoy racing and flying games imo. that's why I use it with those sorta of pc games.
I'll stick with a PS controller >> 360.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I thought PC gaming involved a mouse and keyboard?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts