Overclock.net banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Not a Linux Lobbyist
1,213 Posts
My God, huge wall of text with double post, what a start
biggrin.gif

Btw just open a click speed tester and see for yourself, in case you had any doubt,
that clicking with the tip of your finger is actually faster.

Please don't come out with "it's because they don't have the rabbit shape " or some other ridiculous excuse.
Just get lost out of respect for basic human dignity.

·
Mouse reviewer
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killeraxemannic View Post

If you are truly serious about marketing your mouse and getting forum approval send it to a few of our independent mouse reviewers on the forums such as @Ino. I made the OP... Your mouse looks uncomfortable to me but like I said originally it might have to be something you have to try to understand.
I will not dismiss any shape without trying it, even though it looks weird at first.
However the pricing is insane, that's meme mouse 2.0 potential...

@Qeric: if you want unbiased evaluation you could send a sample of your mouse to the OCN labs for review, doesn't necessarily need to be me doing it.

·
AAGGHH~ MY EYES~ AAGGHH~
3,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainx View Post

Nothing like insulting your potential customers
I don't know. $150 for a Togran mouse. It could be debatable whether or not they deserve to insulted.

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qeric View Post

Allow me to ask you, as you are the creator after all, since your clicks are meant to be faster for "high speed reactions"/high APM and low fatigue, just how long is the click delay on your mouse and who designed the firmware? I'm not asking for some stupid generic answer like "It's the fastest on the market, and our firmware was written by seasoned veterans", I want specifics, that means a number and whether or not it was ODM designed or in-house.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hahahahaha!

I would have thought that was a troll post until this idiot posted that ridiculous wall of rambling text. This thread has potential.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth since I have an RBT for regular use. It's my preferred mouse now and the only one I use on my main work/gaming station. Here's the two major benefits I noticed on the design, which is why I'm hooked on it.

1. The way the buttons work is that they force you to actuate the click with the base of your finger. Literally, right at the base before your finger attaches to your palm. What I realized after analyzing it was that initiating a click would not cause the mouse to jerk at all in my hand. I never realized it before, but when I actuate a click using the section towards the tips of my fingers, it actually cause a chain reaction through my arm that makes the whole mouse move slightly. In order to counteract it, I've gotten in the habit of tensing muscles in my arm to hold steady while clicking. That's when I realized why I liked the RBT so much in gaming or when I edit my videos. In Battlerite or Destiny 2, I'm trying to click with the utmost accuracy and it doesn't feel like I'm working against my own body mechanics to click on a specific point.

2. On the pain front, I'm really starting to notice a difference. My left (typing) hand is actually suffering from tightening of my tendons from not flexing my wrist enough. I'm going to physical therapy and working it back out again, and there has to be lifestyle change as well, don't get me wrong. That said, allowing my body to stay in a naturally relaxed state actually hurts the flexibility of the tendons and muscles involved. Because the RBT causes the user to stretch the hand out ever so slightly from a relaxed position, it helps keep the tendons from tightening up too much. My right (mouse) hand isn't giving me the same problems. Also, because the natural tension puts the finger in a position that "wants" to click, it seems easier, faster, to react when playing online competitive games. This could be taken too far in a design and cause pain by straining the hand in a completely unnatural position, but the button setup on the Rebel is just right to work with natural tension, while avoiding fatigue from having to hold the hand in a strange way.

That's my best explanation for what I've noticed about it. I get it. Everyone's experience will vary and I'm no exception to that. I just hope it makes the design make more sense from an analytical standpoint. Thanks for the read.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That literal brick looks like some form of torture to lift.

·
Banned
16 Posts
ignorance is gold

if you dismiss something without at least giving it a try... then... you're an idiot. it actually looks really comfortable to me

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Lol, is RBT looking for more funding? Where are these people coming from?

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Omg. Thank you for bringing up a year old thread so I could see this.
Who is the CEO? The designer? I'm just having a hard time seeing how such a thing could get approval all the way down the line then end up with a $400 price tag.
This thing is EOL by now right?

·
Not a Linux Lobbyist
1,213 Posts
am i missing something here? lots of hostility >.<
Yeah you are missing people insulting our intelligence. (at least mine)

Omg. Thank you for bringing up a year old thread so I could see this.
Who is the CEO? The designer? I'm just having a hard time seeing how such a thing could get approval all the way down the line then end up with a $400 price tag.
This thing is EOL by now right?
Didn't event look at the price, it was already beyond ridiculous without the idiotic price.

Welcome to OCN :thumb: .
Yeah, no.

·
Registered
192 Posts
honestly, you could probably just get any regular mouse and stick some pads/spacers on the buttons if you really wanted.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Warn people or use spoilers if you're going to post something like that! I was eating when I saw that.

·
Banned
16 Posts
this is you guys? ->
I watched the whole video, it makes sense somewhat but I have a few questions:
a. what's the size of your hand & proportion of fingers & palm? I have extremely large hands, big palm, small fingers... weird, i know, don't judge, so a lot of the smaller mouses wouldn't fit me, but the bigger ones feel really chunky and hard to use too. I looked up the RBT specs, and it seem a tiny bit small and becuz it claim to use the third phalanges area I won't dismiss it too soon.
b. where is the product now? are they dead?
c. were you paid by quadraclicks to do those videos? i was able to find 2 of them on YT.

Hey guys, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth since I have an RBT for regular use. It's my preferred mouse now and the only one I use on my main work/gaming station. Here's the two major benefits I noticed on the design, which is why I'm hooked on it.

1. The way the buttons work is that they force you to actuate the click with the base of your finger. Literally, right at the base before your finger attaches to your palm. What I realized after analyzing it was that initiating a click would not cause the mouse to jerk at all in my hand. I never realized it before, but when I actuate a click using the section towards the tips of my fingers, it actually cause a chain reaction through my arm that makes the whole mouse move slightly. In order to counteract it, I've gotten in the habit of tensing muscles in my arm to hold steady while clicking. That's when I realized why I liked the RBT so much in gaming or when I edit my videos. In Battlerite or Destiny 2, I'm trying to click with the utmost accuracy and it doesn't feel like I'm working against my own body mechanics to click on a specific point.

2. On the pain front, I'm really starting to notice a difference. My left (typing) hand is actually suffering from tightening of my tendons from not flexing my wrist enough. I'm going to physical therapy and working it back out again, and there has to be lifestyle change as well, don't get me wrong. That said, allowing my body to stay in a naturally relaxed state actually hurts the flexibility of the tendons and muscles involved. Because the RBT causes the user to stretch the hand out ever so slightly from a relaxed position, it helps keep the tendons from tightening up too much. My right (mouse) hand isn't giving me the same problems. Also, because the natural tension puts the finger in a position that "wants" to click, it seems easier, faster, to react when playing online competitive games. This could be taken too far in a design and cause pain by straining the hand in a completely unnatural position, but the button setup on the Rebel is just right to work with natural tension, while avoiding fatigue from having to hold the hand in a strange way.

That's my best explanation for what I've noticed about it. I get it. Everyone's experience will vary and I'm no exception to that. I just hope it makes the design make more sense from an analytical standpoint. Thanks for the read.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts