Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DISCLAIMER: I figured it would be bad form to necro a 3-month old thread but if I'm mistaken please let me know. Speaking of which...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-CM View Post

We are going to update the Elite 120 Advance in 2013 and wanted to see what you guys think about a Carbon Fiber looking front bezel instead of the current brushed Aluminum one.

Here is the original:

Here is an image of the Carbon Fiber Mockup:
I'm finally in the market for one of these and shopping around I noticed a SKU for a new version on Amazon, RC-120A-KKN1-AMZ, available for order now with a ship date 2 to 5 weeks out. My keen powers of deduction have led me to hypothesize this could indeed be the 2013 update mentioned above - of course that's purely speculative, Google has yielded nary a clue.

Any intel out there on this version? Did they go with genuine faux carbon fibers or stick with aluminium for the fascia? Did they make any changes at all?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wow!
thumb.gif
I like that case but it's for an ATX Mini motherboard. So I checked out the one for a standard ATX motherboard:

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-HAF-Motherboard-RC-902XB-KKN1/dp/B00A76E46I/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_1

It seems to be pretty much the same thing but able to handle the bigger motherboard. I've been thinking about this type of case for a while now but I haven't really checked out how they're set up and if they can handle the radiators from liquid cool systems like the Corsair H 100 or the soon-to-be mine, (when it comes out), Swifttech H220.

Once you get your setup I'd like to see some pictures.
Rich

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourcore9brker View Post

All I can think the AMZ part means is Amazon exclusive for whatever reason.
Yes, that seems eminently logical but it's still weird - same thing is going on with the HAF workbench posted above, newer "AMZ" tagged model being advertised with a 3- 5 week ship date. Perhaps some news will surface in a week or two about the 120, hope they went with the ersatz CF!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts