1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2500 Mhz! Voltage @ Max. 1.55V
memory speed at 208.3 x 2
2.5-3-3-7

anyone know how i can capture my CPU-Z screen so i can display?? anyone recommend any changes on my memory timings?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Temps are 32C idle...49C high

i dont doubt that this thing can hit 2.6....as long as the memory speed doesnt exceed around 220 there is no instability.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice work. How did you get the mult to 10? I have an AMD64 3000+ and the mult is locked upward at 9, but you can go lower. Maybe your mobo has some super power? I have the MSI K8N Neo2 Plat and am at 2300 Mhz (255 x 9) w/ OCZ 3700 Gold Rev. 3 ram. Had to drop HTT down to 4x from 5x though for it to be stable. cpu voltage = 1.475 and mem voltage = 2.7

Quote:

Originally Posted by x86-64

straight fsb.....250 x 10

·
Registered
930 Posts
fourstar, x86-64 and i have the 754 version of the 3000+, you have the newer 939, respectively, yours is clocked at 1.8, and ours at 2.0, these are stock. I am very jealous of you, lol.

x86-64, i guess my kingston sux ballz.. what volt are you using on the ram? no matter how hard i try, my memory will not go pass 230fsb even at the looses timings.

wait,
are u using a divider?

·
Registered
72 Posts
mem voltage = 2.7

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningRioT

fourstar, x86-64 and i have the 754 version of the 3000+, you have the newer 939, respectively, yours is clocked at 1.8, and ours at 2.0, these are stock. I am very jealous of you, lol.

x86-64, i guess my kingston sux ballz.. what volt are you using on the ram? no matter how hard i try, my memory will not go pass 230fsb even at the looses timings.

wait,
are u using a divider?

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by x86-64

Temps are 32C idle...49C high

i dont doubt that this thing can hit 2.6....as long as the memory speed doesnt exceed around 220 there is no instability.

Your running your FSB at 250MHz and your RAM at 220MHz... This will give you worse results in gaming/benching.

With A64 you need to really keep your FSB and RAM in 1:1 ratio for any performance gains...

Whats the highest your multi can go... If its 12 like mine than I would say put your multi on 11x so 220FSBx11 in a 1:1 ratio with your RAM... So in DRAM settings you need the frequency set to Auto. This will give you 2420MHz with a 1:1 ratio. Thats as close to 2500MHz as you can get while keeping a 1:1 ratio.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

Your running your FSB at 250MHz and your RAM at 220MHz... This will give you worse results in gaming/benching.

With A64 you need to really keep your FSB and RAM in 1:1 ratio for any performance gains...

Whats the highest your multi can go... If its 12 like mine than I would say put your multi on 11x so 220FSBx11 in a 1:1 ratio with your RAM... So in DRAM settings you need the frequency set to Auto. This will give you 2420MHz with a 1:1 ratio. Thats as close to 2500MHz as you can get while keeping a 1:1 ratio.

How'd you get a 3200 ClawHammer with a x12 multiplier? I guess a typo?
That's a pretty good overclock there man, further emphasizing my belief that this board is holding me back, I can do stock speeds a 1.375 volts so I should be able to overclock the snot out of it when my new board gets in
I too recommend a 1:1 memory ratio, but some of us aren't blessed with good memory like others and have to make do with what we can, it'll varry on the app I say, some are more dependant on memory bandwidth than others

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

How'd you get a 3200 ClawHammer with a x12 multiplier? I guess a typo?
That's a pretty good overclock there man, further emphasizing my belief that this board is holding me back, I can do stock speeds a 1.375 volts so I should be able to overclock the snot out of it when my new board gets in
I too recommend a 1:1 memory ratio, but some of us aren't blessed with good memory like others and have to make do with what we can, it'll varry on the app I say, some are more dependant on memory bandwidth than others

youre dead on...there's no way my memory will perform in a stable manner at those highs, let alone POST. So even by lowering the ram down to 166 and adding the fsb on top to reach 200+ Mhz with a 2.5 Ghz would still be worse if i had a 1 to 1 @ say 2.2 Ghz? im enjoying these sisoftsandra cpu marks of 11, 000+

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Best way to tell is going to be try it on your favorite apps, I found that UT2004, which is what I play alot, benefits more from higher CPU clocks speeds with lower memory latencies so that's what I opted for, some programs will probably perform better with more memory bandwidth over more CPU cycles though

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im liking the high clock rating and the tighter timings on memory. Ill test it out for a couple days.

anyhoo, im really liking this mobo, Asrock's done a good job......seems like you can reach whatever clock rate you want @ the max. 1.55 V.

also has some nifty OC security and seems to have some OC optimized features, called U-COP and Hybrid Booster. Good to know my mobo's got my back in case i go overboard, but i hope they come out with a BIOS update for with higher settable Vcore.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i forgot to add this question.

why is it that people suggest overclocking @ intervals of 5 on the fsb?

is there something bad with setting the fsb in a number that ends with 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts