Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im ready to upgrade my cpu cooler I have been hearing great things about the cm hyper 212+ is this cooler worth getting and also using it on a sandybridge latter down the road?

couple of questions
what temps are ppl getting with this cooler
how far did you get to oc ur cpu
does it come with its own thermal paste
if there's anything better then this for a little bit more lmk from this link
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?..._845&vk_sort=1

·
Registered
626 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IXcrispyXI
View Post

what sort of temps would i expect it i can run my cpu at 3.5ghz stock heatsink n keeps it around 68degrees under load

That is ridiculous, do you live in Antarctica or something? Or are you meaning Celsius, if so you are in desperate need of an aftermarket heatsink. At load i get around 47-50 degrees.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshHunter
View Post

That is ridiculous, do you live in Antarctica or something? Or are you meaning Celsius, if so you are in desperate need of an aftermarket heatsink. At load i get around 47-50 degrees.

hahaha yea i mean Celsius since here in australia we dont go by Fahrenheit, im about to order it now should get it monday

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know am late but
I'd suggest the Corsair A70

don't cost that much but it can work neck to neck with high
performance CPU coolers

and for the fans I recommend ENERMAX if you search
for silence and performance together

good lock

·
Registered
626 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderDylan
View Post

I would recommend getting the Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Rev 2. IT's only $35 and works great. I'm sure it works on Intel chips too.

Before i purchased my Hyper212+ i considered buying the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 R2, however after watching numerous reviews the Hyper 212+ proved to be an overall better cooler

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.