Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Shifty both tried "Readyboost". When I first enabled it on my 1GB SD card, my ram went from 543MB to 700MB. When I started to download HP software for my Photo printer (CD = NO Vista support) I started to hit hight 800MB's than once the software was installing, I hit around 910MB out of 1022MB

What I'm trying to say is don't use it if you have 1GB or over.

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
Yup, your quite correct....It's designed as an inexpensive way to boost performance with systems that have less than 1GB of ram. Although why anyone would be running Vista on such a system is beyond me.

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
So you are saying it is pointless to run a 4GB USB drive with 2 GB DDR2? I only ask because I picked up a 4GB Sandisk drive for $39 and am using it with Ready Boost. Too be honest I dont notice any difference myself, so you might be right.

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mhill2029
View Post

Yup, your quite correct....It's designed as an inexpensive way to boost performance with systems that have less than 1GB of ram. Although why anyone would be running Vista on such a system is beyond me.

Because hes trying to future-proof his pc? Because he wants dx10? Because he knows he's eventually gonna need it? Eventually, you're going to go vista, just like all the other people hating on it. And I will laugh. Very hard I might add.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickJS
View Post

Because hes trying to future-proof his pc? Because he wants dx10? Because he knows he's eventually gonna need it? Eventually, you're going to go vista, just like all the other people hating on it. And I will laugh. Very hard I might add.

lol, soo this totally confused me, i thought it was supposed to be a good thing if you use a usb with more capacity? i have 1gb ram and 1gb usb, lol i was about to order an 8gb one tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts