Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone is familiar with the HDR Program rthdribl, but I use it to test for artifacts. Check it out here if you're curious: http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/
It's realtime rendering of a 3d object in an HDR environment. It's pretty cool actually, but that has nothing to do specifically with my problem,

As of late it runs LOW frame rates when it's in the foreground. What I mean is that if I have it running as the top window, I'll get 28-ish FPS, but if I have the mouse hovering over the system tray, or have the start menu open, the HDR Demo jumps to 120-ish FPS where it always was in the past. It'll stay there until I bring the cursor back to the desktop, or to the window.

It's not a video driver/hardware issue, backed up by the fact that none of my games experience this. It's got something to do with XP, and I'm wondering if this could have something to do with priority level or something, I don't know. How would I go about troubleshooting this? Also, there is no install for it, it's just an executable.

-Sean

Edited because the symptoms I gave when I first posted were not accurate.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I like that program I can really see the stress it can put on a vc.Your problem sorry I dont have a clue but thanks for shareing that good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts