Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My internet is acting really wierd. Its slow and when I try to load a page sometimes it only loads like half the page then stops. Whereas my laptop and my Roomate's computers all work fine when we are all on the same connection. I am suspecting spyware as the culprit.

Also I get very sporadic connections on gaim to the AOL instant messenger service. Im confused can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
also try and clean up your internet cookies adn temporary downloaded files...
another thing if you are useing KAZAA or other P2P programs that use adware
most likely you will be invaded by spyware....switch to one of the non add P2P programs i persoanlly use limewire and it rocks... i used to use kazaa and the spyware problem was a pain..... also update your viruscan software often...
i could possibly link you a corporate edition of norton antivirus...
its the one for my company so im kinda iffu about it but email me and i might just do it but you dont know me if someone comes knocking about where you got it from okay

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually, I can get an enterprise edition of Macafee Virus Scan for free since I am a student, thanks for reminding me about that. Also thanks for reminding me about my internet files.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
^^ No virus protection?
That's the culprit right there.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah yeah im fixing it as we speak, actually I think I found the problem it was a certian file sharing client whos name will remain nameless except that it starts with an A and is programed in a certian language whos name starts with a J.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmor

yeah yeah im fixing it as we speak, actually I think I found the problem it was a certian file sharing client whos name will remain nameless except that it starts with an A and is programed in a certian language whos name starts with a J.

Azereus and the language Java... Am I right??? What do I win???

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

^^ No virus protection?
That's the culprit right there.

hehe... the thing about virii is that you just need to be smart. I haven't got a malicious virus in nearly 3 years... it has to do with smart browsing... and OPERA.. soon I will be a linux user and be free of all fear

EDIT:BT Sucks! Again... i go back and forth...trying to get mandrake and suse linux... left mandrake on only for 24 hours... and it got 28% done... that is just sad man... haha i could dress like a vagrant and bum enough money for the retail version in that amount of time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts