Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my graphic car 3 months now, i've read up and made sure I have the latest drivers, on the best settings and that the hardware is fitted perfectly as can be!!!

As most there's an 'However'...

HOWEVER... Im getting pink where white is and the temp go up at an alarming rate then crash/ freeze/ lock up... Ive reseated it, tested it in the pcie 8x slot and same results. I did install the afterburner but after 2-3 weeks it bugged the F* out of me so i removed it. The card is overclocked according to Novatech product description.

Whats strange as well it has a switch on the card:
- Performance
- s.Bios? I think
- silent
There is no difference with bios and silent regards to the temp rise and when the fans kick in at a certain speed (If you get me?)... In performance mode it wont boot up with ANY output device.

The reason for me posting this is for a last try at a fix, any ideas please leave a message and i will read them (but be serious, my patients are wearing thin)

I have contacted Novatech my supplier and they have asked to have it sent back for testing... Which means ill have no computer for 4 WEEKS (Should I send it back?)

What should I use to send it back with? nothing scarky please!!!

sam

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm sorry if this sounds far flung, but... worth a try.
smile.gif

I read somewhere that after reseating(specifically a 6970 lightning), the weight of the cooler caused a gap bw the cooler and the GPU. Try holding the cooler firmly against the PCB between your thumb and index during full load.

What are your idle temps?

I think you should send it back with a list of your problems. Its too early in its life to be giving you such problems.

PS: Just friendly advice : You may void your warranty by reseating your card. If you have any temp issues in the warranty period, contact the manufacturer first. Some of them give you "permission to reseat". Some manufactures allow you to take off the cooler as long as you don't cause damage. So find out the warranty terms before hand.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpachiroks View Post

I'm sorry if this sounds far flung, but... worth a try.
smile.gif

I read somewhere that after reseating(specifically a 6970 lightning), the weight of the cooler caused a gap bw the cooler and the GPU. Try holding the cooler firmly against the PCB between your thumb and index during full load.

What are your idle temps?

I think you should send it back with a list of your problems. Its too early in its life to be giving you such problems.

PS: Just friendly advice : You may void your warranty by reseating your card. If you have any temp issues in the warranty period, contact the manufacturer first. Some of them give you "permission to reseat". Some manufactures allow you to take off the cooler as long as you don't cause damage. So find out the warranty terms before hand.
My Idle temps are 39-43, which is little higher than normal :/ I hear people saying between 37-39. I got a email back from novatech saying its not covered so sending it back is my only option... GUTTED!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam muel View Post

My Idle temps are 39-43, which is little higher than normal :/ I hear people saying between 37-39. I got a email back from novatech saying its not covered so sending it back is my only option... GUTTED!
Bummer :/

Anyway... Read through this thread. It'll give you a fair idea on the best way to send your card.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hmm... Are your power connectors tugging on the card on the right side?

Alternatively, on the left, have you screwed it high up?

One way to check is to remove the connectors, the support screws to check if is level then. (Support slightly)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpachiroks View Post

Hmm... Are your power connectors tugging on the card on the right side?

Alternatively, on the left, have you screwed it high up?

One way to check is to remove the connectors, the support screws to check if is level then. (Support slightly)
The cables are being held up, the only weight of the card are the fans and the heat-sink. I cant lower the left hand side because of the design :/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts