Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I have a problem. I just switched from a 970 gtx with a i5 4690k to a fx 6300 with a gtx 960. and now i have really really bad screen tearing on all the games....

Ive tried csgo and advance warfare and its really bad. I didnt have this with my old set up.

Now the weird part is this was my brothers old set up because i gave him mine and he never had any screen tear. I reinstalled windows to my ssd and am running the games of the ssd. I honestly have no idea whats going on

·
Cheapest Man On Earth
640 Posts
My immediate guess would be to see what is different given that it wasn't having issues before. Was he playing the same games at the same resolution and eye candy settings? Was there a different OS or different version of the drivers? Did you install this rig into a different case and different airflow pattern that could be causing the GPU to overheat? What are the GPU temps? Answers to these questions may lead you towards a solution.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the reply, we do play the same games I did change cases. But I checked all my temps and they were all good my cpu temp was 35c idle and went to about 48c while playing. And the gpu was idle around 25-30 and went up to around 50c while playing. I even manually put the fans up just incase.

The resolutions are the same 1920x1080. I was getting like 90 fps on cod and like 150 on csgo. Which are like 40 less then I used to get on the 970.

I didn't replace the heat sink or anything because I didn't have to. It's just a nasty screen tear and it bothers me while playing.

I actually just ordered a i5 4690k and another motherboard I can't deal with amd lol ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts