Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aint da way it used to be
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've hit my wall and don't know where else to go with this.
All turbo and power saving options disabled.
My goal is around 4.2-4.5GHZ.
Just bumping my mult 1/2 a step causes it to crash.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Temps under prime?

My chip is way to hot after 1.42 vcore so im stuck around 4.5ghz max

·
Registered
803 Posts
Here ya go...

vCore should be around 1.35v
-note my ram is not running stock either. its at 1438MHz at 1.625v stock timings except its 1T instead of 2T

Now im having problems getting ANY higher than that... one bump like you said and itll freeze...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Turn LLC to EXTREME. Notice that CPU-Z is telling you 1.32v. WAY TOO LOW! LLC helps compensate for the vdrop.

and please tell me you are going to bios to adjust settings. the ASUS TUF software messes things up... IE: reverted my OC to below stock (210 X 7) and yea all power management and throttling is off

·
Registered
803 Posts
Found another potential problem... Official max freq for AM3+ is 1333MHz. However many people are able to push to 1600MHz but NOT PAST that. Lower the mem frequency and try the settings i provided.

·
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've played around a bit with no success. I think heat may be my wall now. I'd like to get one more click and go to 4.1ghz though. Shouldn't 1.34 vcore be enough for that? I use BIOS for all my final settings. Should I up the mult and turn down the bus?
You wouldn't think 0.1 more ghz would be that hard to get.
Also, my research shows that bulldozer will support up to 1866 mhz RAM speeds. But I can change it if needed.
So what should I shoot for to get that last 1mhz?
DigiVRM settings?
CPU voltage?
CPU/NB voltage?
CPU/NB frequency?
mult?
bus?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNielson View Post

Official max freq for AM3+ is 1333MHz.
No it's not
doh.gif
. BD can natively support 1866. And it definitely can go wayyyy past that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post

Shouldn't 1.34 vcore be enough for that?
Every system is different, but based on what you have posted, I would think you would need more vcore. You can be limited by your cooling method though.

·
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_nuke_em View Post

No it's not
doh.gif
Every system is different, but based on what you have posted, I would think you would need more vcore. You can be limited by your cooling method though.
Thought so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon19932006 View Post

Are you overclocking through program, try through bios if not.
I finalize all my OCing stuff in BIOS. I only change multi, bus and vcore with AI suite. Then if they work a bit I fix them in BIOS.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
ok here is the deal your multiplyer is set at 19 in bios when you raise your bus in the Asus sutie it rasies everything including the cpu speed ram frequancy NB and your HT this is why I say you have to FBS over clock in bios328

as you see I have bus at 325 mutiplyer at 13 cpu is at 4.2

on this one my multiplyer is 21 gives me 4.3 on cpu but bus is at 200 with you muti being 19 when you rasie it cpu will go to like 5.2 and ram would be 2400 as you rasie the bus you have to lower multiplyer and the ram and the NB and HT

·
Registered
803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_nuke_em View Post

No it's not
doh.gif
yeah my bad... dont know what i was thinking lol.

ok now at 4.4GHz with 1.356v (under load) max temp is 51C.
Seriously go use the nice UEFI BIOS... ASUS suite is trash.

And idk bout you but ive learned that you only mess with one piece of the "puzzle" at a time. so load defaults get your cpu to what you want or even just to see if its the RAM causing it or whatevs. Also play around with the multi... ive found that i get a more stable OC at 200Mhz x 22 than i did with 215MHz x 20.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts