2) 4+ GB of memory
3) 9800GTX and GTX+
4) 1x IDE and 2 or 3x SATA devices
5)<$100

·
Banned
11,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually looking at that one. Seems it has had a few problems though. Perhaps they fixed them with the latest BIOS update?

And I misposted. I was hoping to find one for less than $100

·
Banned
11,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meh. How big of a difference am I going to see?

If it's negligible, then I dont care. Its primarily going to be a folding board, but there will be times I want to use the horsepower to play the occasional game.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts

·
Banned
11,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i was originally gonna get a K9A2 but now I dont need 4x PCIE since Im gonna run the 2 GTX and get the same PPD while folding. As said, I just want to be able to use all the available horsepower from my cards when the time comes.

Edit - Man that Biostar looks like a Gigabyte!!

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I was thinking you needed an SLI board? Most of the boards being discussed are not SLI.
If the mobo has an AMD chipset, then it will not be SLI compatible. You will need a board with an Nvidia chipset.
Anyways, here are my suggestions - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131367

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceballsrules
View Post

I was thinking you needed an SLI board? Most of the boards being discussed are not SLI.
If the mobo has an AMD chipset, then it will not be SLI compatible. You will need a board with an Nvidia chipset.
Anyways, here are my suggestions - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131367

For folding he doesn't need an SLI board, as the cards don't need to be in SLI in order to fold.

·
Banned
11,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Both of you are absolutely correct.

The point you are missing is that I want to be able to SLI when I decide I want to play a game or whatnot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.