Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Asus P6T (I think Rev.1) and I was wondering if I should cool the NB/mosfets since right now I'm only cooling the CPU. I guess its like the water bug and I just want to watercool like everythign

but if I do decide to get it, will there be any benefits? From what I've heard, the stock cooling is usually adequate enough for the i7 boards.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by jluhiex View Post
Maybe a few degrees. It looks awesome though. If you have the cash to spend might as well do it.
Yeah I know! looks more legit and everything. I figure it won't raise my water temp that much but will it benefit the motherboard enough to compensate for its cost?

·
Village Idiot
2,396 Posts
I've never once seen anyone say that they gained anything from watercooling their motherboard. I find it an absolute waste of money. It does look good though.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pewpewlazer View Post
I've never once seen anyone say that they gained anything from watercooling their motherboard. I find it an absolute waste of money. It does look good though.
you just haven't seen or read the right reviews. some board's mosfet and nb run a little on the hot side and keeping the temps under control lead to high oc's because the board wasn't running hot.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was planning to try to go over 4.0GHz since temps sure be alot better from a custom loop :]

I heard from a friend that mobo cooling is required more if you run SLi, something about the chipset or something? I plan to upgrade to SLi 460s and was thinking about if this would justify my need to watercool

·
Too Poor For This
7,054 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blu3phoenix View Post
I was planning to try to go over 4.0GHz since temps sure be alot better from a custom loop :]

I heard from a friend that mobo cooling is required more if you run SLi, something about the chipset or something? I plan to upgrade to SLi 460s and was thinking about if this would justify my need to watercool

SLI 460s right off the bat

Watercooled SLI 460s right off the bat

Get a single 480 then an aftermarket block. Later on get another one. Either that or get a 470 and do the same exact thing.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by VW_TDI_02 View Post
SLI 460s right off the bat

Watercooled SLI 460s right off the bat

Get a single 480 then an aftermarket block. Later on get another one. Either that or get a 470 and do the same exact thing.
I didn't say anything about watercooling the videocards though?

·
Village Idiot
2,396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JE Nightmare View Post
you just haven't seen or read the right reviews. some board's mosfet and nb run a little on the hot side and keeping the temps under control lead to high oc's because the board wasn't running hot.
Do you have any links? Having a fan over my PWM vs leaving them "hand burning hot" makes zero difference for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts