Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was waiting a month for the sapphire vapor x 5870 to come in stock, constantly checking Newegg. Today I checked newegg on my phone at school, saw it had come in stock finally, and since it took so long, I assumed they had decent stock this time. I rushed out of school to get home to buy the card. This card has postponed my first custom rig build for a very long time. I checked my phone on the way home just to be sure it was still there. It wasn't. I literally felt the need to jump off of a building. Are there that many fatass ****s with no lives sitting at home waiting for this to get in stock so they can buy as many as possible then use another account to buy even more? Anyways, I'm pissed. There is still one 5870 in stock, but it has an inferior cooling design. My options are pay 600$ for a vapor x
from a site that has it in stock, buy the 5870 left in stock, or buy a completely diff gfx card. Are there any cards out there better than 5870 other than 5970?how much diff does vapor x make?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeastMode
View Post

Are there that many fatass ****s with no lives sitting at home

Right. They must be fatass ****'s. I take it you are too since you dropped what YOU were doing do rush to get it? News flash: you aren't the only person in the world.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Demand is high. Supply is non existent.

Be happy you at least saw it in stock, not many people do, more people have seen Bigfoot and Lockness dancing on ice.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by hooah212002
View Post

Right. They must be fatass ****'s. I take it you are too since you dropped what YOU were doing do rush to get it? News flash: you aren't the only person in the world.

You didn't interpret what I said correctly. I was getting an education and I didn't drop what I was doing. I assumed people had jobs to tend to and school to go to in the middle of a Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Quote:

View Post

You didn't interpret what I said correctly. I was getting an education and I didn't drop what I was doing. I assumed people had jobs to tend to and school to go to in the middle of a Tuesday.

At my job I can still click the "Add to Cart" button

Just wait a little longer and eventually they'll be back in stock.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yes, because the only jobs in the world are 9-5/Mon-Fri, right? Your age is shining through. I, for one, have NEVER worked a 9-5. Always worked odd schedules.

I didn't intend to come off brash, but I find it extremely offensive when people make such vagrant generalizations.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by rpm666
View Post

They'll be back in stock on the 12th of January. That's your idea of a little longer?

I spent so much time waiting for 1 of these cards to come in stock and keeping an extremely watchful eye on them that I think I have given myself the right to make vagrant generalizations. It doesn't make a difference to me if I seem like a profiling jerk right now, that is how frustrated I am.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Quote:

View Post

They'll be back in stock on the 12th of January. That's your idea of a little longer?

You missed the card. That sucks for you. It's not other people's fault. I have an iphone, If something is in stock I want, I can buy it anytime anywhere. Lots of people are on computers at their jobs. Don't assume that because you weren't inventive enough to figure out how to buy the card when you were at school that everyone else who bought it had to have been at home.

Stop whining and either wait for it, buy it for more cash, or get a different card.

I don't understand what the point of this thread is, except to make me wish I had some way of removing your 1 rep.

Edit:

Quote:

View Post

since it took so long, I assumed they had decent stock this time.

Why would you make that assumption? Just because it took a long time doesn't mean they got a big shipment, there just arn't many of these cards out there right now. Heck, newegg generally doesn't even let you buy multiples of high demand items, so I doubt that one person bought them all up.

There were likely ten or twenty that got shipped in and guess what...there are a lot more than ten or twenty people who want those cards and who have signed up to be notified when they come in stock.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Well, Yes.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hooah212002
View Post

Yes, because the only jobs in the world are 9-5/Mon-Fri, right? Your age is shining through. I, for one, have NEVER worked a 9-5. Always worked odd schedules.

I didn't intend to come off brash, but I find it extremely offensive when people make such vagrant generalizations.

I concur.

I too am waiting for the 5850 but waiting for the price to drop when Nvidia hauls arse to release their GPUs. I aint in a rush yet, but i am planning to get something light weight.

-----------
let's all chill.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I was in the same boat.I saw what you did today.If you noticed the page with all the mfgs on it had the add to cart option but if you click on the card itself then it said auto notify.I added to cart from the main page with all the card's listed but as usual every time I went to cart in red it would say removed due to insufficient stock.I back out and then back in at least 10 time's and then it was finally in there went through checkout and made it through.Order status say's it shipped too.

Last week did the same thing except 30 minute's after I ordered it I received an email saying that the card was removed from my order due to not being in stock.Called them up to complain and they gave me $25 credit and free overnight shipping when it does come in.Only thing is when this happened it was $419 now it's $429 I will see if they honor that price too.Hang in there and keep checking you will get one.

·
Quarantined in the Sticks
2,408 Posts
Quote:

View Post

i lold , i can do the same thing at my job

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rightwing
View Post

I was in the same boat.I saw what you did today.If you noticed the page with all the mfgs on it had the add to cart option but if you click on the card itself then it said auto notify.I added to cart from the main page with all the card's listed but as usual every time I went to cart in red it would say removed due to insufficient stock.I back out and then back in at least 10 time's and then it was finally in there went through checkout and made it through.Order status say's it shipped too.

Last week did the same thing except 30 minute's after I ordered it I received an email saying that the card was removed from my order due to not being in stock.Called them up to complain and they gave me $25 credit and free overnight shipping when it does come in.Only thing is when this happened it was $419 now it's $429 I will see if they honor that price too.Hang in there and keep checking you will get one.

That happened to me too! I kept clicking on it from manufacturer page but it kept taking itself outta my cart saying its outta stock. Only difference is, it never went through for me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by snow cakes
View Post

i lold , i can do the same thing at my job

Are you saying they are still in stock, but only for computer building companies? And whatever is left over will be put back on the website without notice?

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Thats when I do most of my online shopping, lol.

BeastMode, think about it. Your trying to buy a computer part that thousands of other computer guys want. The thing is most of them are in IT or tech jobs meaning they are at a desk and can surf the web in their down time. You are fighting an uphill battle, be quick or lose out.

I must say, threads like this make me want to buy and flip stuff like that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.